Discuss Affordable wire stripping tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good evening all.

I have a couple of learners with hypermobility issues - which causes their hands to be sore after a day in the workshop. Has anyone any recommendation for tool suppliers that could assist? I have tried them with CK product - I was thinking of trying them with johari or knipex. Any other suggestions welcomed.

Regards

Martin

What about something like the Knipex Ergostrip? It's intended for use with round cables, but I believe something similar exists for flat cables. I'm thinking about the fact that it has a blade which can be used to easily cut open sheaths along a cable's length.

Perhaps I could clarify the above. One doesn't want to cut sheaths 'open' with this sort of tool, but rather score them sufficiently that they can be peeled of with minimal effort. Some practice would probably be required by trainees to get this right.

I have used the CK automatic stripper for T&E and it works very well, only issue is occasionally biting the palms of my hands, so I cut off the useless red/blue/yellow crimp parts there to make it less toothy.

For twin and earth try the Quickwire cable stripper.

These strippers are great for twin & earth cables. But I've not used them on anything bigger than 2.5mm. I don't know what they are like on bigger cables.

These strippers are great for twin & earth cables. But I've not used them on anything bigger than 2.5mm. I don't know what they are like on bigger cables.
They are great up to 4mm T&E, even on flex up to 1.5mm 3core. I use mine more and more these days over snips or croppers or even my cable knife, they make life so much easier!
Mine are CK version but are no different to the Quickwire ones or others on the market!
I do have some the same as @pc1966 uses and they are also good but not as good imho as the Quickwire style ones.

For twin and earth try the Quickwire cable stripper.

twin and earth try the Quickwire cable stripper.
folding knife and a pair of sde cutters'

Reply to Affordable wire stripping tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net