Discuss Air conditioning & Refridgeration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

skyesparky

Mods please move if in wrong place.

Has anyone diversified into A/C and refridgeration. By this i mean the sercvice and maintenance side. Ive carried out maintenance and service on the electrical side of walk in fridges/freezers, shop display fridges and small split systems but im getting asked more and more about pressure testing and re-charges and replacing condensers.

Is the F gas qual all that is required? (obviously as well as practical experience)

Cheers, Steve

There is a lot to this refridge lark Steve much more than in the old days of shoving a bit of R12 or R202 into and see how we go.

We were doing a large refurb over here and it's all propane at umpteem million bar and recapturing gas and disposing of it. I think a lot of work is available especially in the UK because of the restrictions that are now in place

Thanks for the reply Malcolm, I doubt very much id be working on systems that large! but i understand what your saying. I should have said, i have re-charged and pressure tested small systems (under supervision) in the past when i worked for a MOD contractor but i didnt ask about paperwork ect back then, i let the gaffer worry about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tonto, thanks for the reply. I registered this morning, has been very useful reading all the threads. Id rather get the info from the horses mouth so to speak than rely on info from training centres.

Reply to Air conditioning & Refridgeration in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, We are having 2 wall mounted split system air conditioners installed. These come supplied with a 13amp plug which will power both the...
Replies
Views
S
hi everyone .just a quick one. going to put new feed in for 2 split air conditioning units and wandering if there is any special regs or something...
Replies
Views
sparky1ste
S
S
hi everyone, just been too look at a nice job in leeds which should give me plenty of work :) shop is approx 15m x 35m ish with a mezanine floor...
Replies
Views
wayne
W
Firstly, apologies if Ive posted in the wrong forum, Im a newbie. Secondaly, this topic has nothing to do with anything electrically related in...
Replies
Views
sparkyz21
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock