Discuss Airside pass or rail passes. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

walker76

Hi new on here, looking for some advice. Wanting to broaden my skillset from just domestic on to bigger projects, and was wondering how do you go about obtaining a airside pass or what you need to have to work on the rail and London underground? Also if anyone knew of any companies that would help in possible sponsorships of these or recruit people that do not have these passes? Seems that all the jobs available require these passes but how do you go about getting one, everyone got to start somewhere, so you must be able to gain them somehow. Any help/info/advice would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks in advance Josh.

Airside passes have to be obtained through your employer. I don't think you as an individual can just get one.

I did fear that, just seems a problem when the employers are asking for people already with airside passes. Thanks for a reply tho

Once you have the necessary security clearance you can move between company's and airports relatively easily. Getting the first one will be the hardest.

Hi new on here, looking for some advice. Wanting to broaden my skillset from just domestic on to bigger projects, and was wondering how do you go about obtaining a airside pass or what you need to have to work on the rail and London underground? Also if anyone knew of any companies that would help in possible sponsorships of these or recruit people that do not have these passes? Seems that all the jobs available require these passes but how do you go about getting one, everyone got to start somewhere, so you must be able to gain them somehow. Any help/info/advice would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks in advance Josh.

Airside passes....... Avoid airports if you value your sanity.
Company I used to work for did the IT support for several retailers airside outlets at various airports.
Every one of us engineers would walk over broken glass Not to go to an airport job.
Even when you get a pass its still an absolute PAIN as you still have to go through security ( with all your sharp tools / electronic meters etc) then if you forgot something you had to go through the whole thing again to get back in....
Then there is the cost of parking...... Extortion...

BAA passes are good for BAA airports only. Any of the provincial airports have their own pass systems.. they are not usually transferrable.

Railway stations are almost as bad.... Red tape up to the eyeballs

Reply to Airside pass or rail passes. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net