Discuss AM2 cancelled due to Coronavirus in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, found out today that my AM2 has been cancelled which I was due to start this coming Monday due to coronavirus and the college think it will be a couple of months before I can take the test.

Is there a chance where they can say the test is void due to this as the backlog will be huge plus I need the extra income sooner rather than later.

No they won't pass you without you actually taking the exam just because you want more money.

Everyone is affected by this to a greater or lesser extent, just be thankful you have any work and income at all at the moment.

thats the thing, I’ve been layed off since the start of February hence why I need the money and this cancellation is the final nail on the coffin.

the schools are doing something similar in the case where there grading the students based on previous work and just wondering if something similar could be in place for the AM2.

Last edited:
Like schools, if it's something you've already done coursework or site work on then they may do an assessment.
But if you're just starting the course they've got nothing to judge you on.

It's problem for many, maybe millions, of people all over the world.
There are Uni students expecting to graduate but that won't happen.

My Daughter in Law is a Registered Nurse through a degree course, but works in Public Health for a local Authority.
She's been doing her Masters to add to the degree and the final work was due in to be assessed next month.
At the moment she's rather busy at work, as are a lot of others doing the Masters, so the assessing has been put back till August or maybe later depends on how things go.

Last edited:
Hi

Problem I see is that the AM2 is suppose to be an independently marked exam, that is why you do it at an assessment centre and not the college, there is no way if them assessing you if they haven’t seen your work. If they took the approach if the schools where they grade you on work submitted then by the very nature it would not independently marked as that work was submitted to your college,

unfortunately unless you can find another centre you are going to have to wait for them to rearrange your test

I cancelled my holiday to South of England due to Coronavirus, so now it seems Snowdonia National Park where I live had the busiest weekend in history, with so many visitors the idea of social distancing is impossible.

So it seems no point closing down pubs, schools etc, if people are going to hitch up their caravan and drive to Wales, I use a caravan and you need daily water and waste and use communal showers and toilets, and the amount of food you can carry is limited, and amount of gas for cooking is limited, so it seems the idea of isolation is not working.

So maybe the government will reopen schools and collages? Or ban caravans? I thought the idea was NOT to travel, but seems I was wrong, and people are travelling more not less.

There will be some people really badly effected, how do the homeless self isolate? There will be people between jobs, between houses, who have fallen down the cracks, I have stopped work because wife is vulnerable, diabetic, OK only worked one day a week, and it was voluntary work, but that's life, or in this case, maybe death, there's nothing we can do.

An elderly couple who live near my place in France just had a call from their care nurse to say she can not call in anymore, this believe it or not, is because most Parisians are coming to their country residence's and have booked all the care nurse's in the area to look after the elderly parents they bring with them, not an isolated case, as they have tried other care agencies and it's the same story, this is going to cause real hardship for them as they are both infirm, it's a shame I can't get there as I could at least be of some help, if only to cut the grass as I normally do for them and at least get some provisions in.

I just realised we are also an elderly couple, let me tell you about my operation........................:rolleyes:

The homeless are going to be offered empty hotel rooms.

All National Trust sites are now fully closed.
Lincolnshire Police are calling for all caravan sites on the coast to be closed due to high volumes of people that local hospitals couldn't cope with.

However the masterplan is that the majority of the population need to get the virus, to gain some immunity, just not all at once.
So let the idots that don't understand social distancing be the first lambs to slaughter and in some cases it will be that.

Prime misters have gone to Snowdon to make speeches before, they it seems need to do it again.
The_Gladstone_Rock_-_geograph.org.uk_-_121573.jpg
If you have every been there one does wonder what daft twits followed him all the way to Gladstone rock, it is a good 5 miles from nearest road, it seemed wrong to refer to them as the multitude, but it seems yet again with have the multitude on Snowdon.
One fast jet and you could get rid of the lot.

Reply to AM2 cancelled due to Coronavirus in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net