Discuss AM2, how stringent is the marking criteria? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve recently completed my AM2s exam and am now awaiting results. I have a question regarding the testing & inspection section, the final page of the paperwork for it was a ‘verification page’ one of the questions on there was ‘what is the maximum operation time for an RCD at 1x the operating current’ soon after leaving the exam I looked at my notes and really really stupidly realised I read the question wrong and put 40ms rather than 300ms…my question is would I fail the testing and inspection section solely based on that wrong answer..I feel the rest of the section went fine.

What is the maximum allowable tripping time? A common misconception is that RCDs must trip in 30 ms. In fact, an RCD when tested at its rated sensitivity must trip in 300 ms. When tested at five times, ie, 150 mA for a 30 mA device, it should trip in 40 ms.

Reply to AM2, how stringent is the marking criteria? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone. I've been reading stories of people failing their AM2 on section B initial verification. I'm going back in my head and I think I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area Firstly, If you've got any questions about the am2s fire away whilst it's still fresh I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone and nice to meet you all! I have question, I'm interested in doing my am2 test,the problem is working frew various agencies you...
Replies
Views
Hi all been trying to find help I’ve failed my compex exam twice now and have one go left They don’t tell me what section failing on all I know...
Replies
Views
Hey all, First post but have read up a lot over the last few months as I have been prepping for my AM2s which I sat last week and thought I done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock