Discuss Any Anglers about? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Still do a bit of freshwater (hate the term 'coarse').

Coarse fishing is launching 6 ounces of lead randomly into the sea attached to line you could tow a barge with using a rod that could haul up the titanic then reeling in some poor tiny dab that somehow managed to get a meathook 4 times the size of it's own body wedged into his tiny mouth then out through his eyeball. Can you tell I'm not a fan of sea fishing!

Now compare that with presenting a tiny grub on a hook that you can barely see, delicately down river on gossamer line to catch a 4lb chub with a mouth you can nearly fit your hand in, and then battling for minutes to steer it away from the roots and snags and into your landing net. Now that's fishing.

Still do a bit of freshwater (hate the term 'coarse').

Coarse fishing is launching 6 ounces of lead randomly into the sea attached to line you could tow a barge with using a rod that could haul up the titanic then reeling in some poor tiny dab that somehow managed to get a meathook 4 times the size of it's own body wedged into his tiny mouth then out through his eyeball. Can you tell I'm not a fan of sea fishing!

Now compare that with presenting a tiny grub on a hook that you can barely see, delicately down river on gossamer line to catch a 4lb chub with a mouth you can nearly fit your hand in, and then battling for minutes to steer it away from the roots and snags and into your landing net. Now that's fishing.

Well mate don't know about you but if I was a coarse fisherman I wouldn't be casting into the sea now would I? lol, the reason I asked the question is Ive been laid up and unable to get the rods out, I found a fishing game on my laptop very realistic, don't laugh until you have given it a go "fishsim2" Carp angler myself

Last edited:
I've had a few carp but never targeted them. I grew up fishing the Gloucester canal which can be pretty intimidating. I finally cracked it and bagged some fantastic roach and bream over the years. I also used to fish the Bristol Avon quite a bit and that's quite an art too. I'll check that game out.

Hope you feel better soon fella.

Voltz

I've had a few carp but never targeted them. I grew up fishing the Gloucester canal which can be pretty intimidating. I finally cracked it and bagged some fantastic roach and bream over the years. I also used to fish the Bristol Avon quite a bit and that's quite an art too. I'll check that game out.

Hope you feel better soon fella.

Voltz

Back to work Monday unfortunately Thanks anyway hope you can download the game OK

Only been fishing once and enjoyed it.

¼oz of sodium in a tin taped to a ½ brick saves all that faffing about with fishing tackle.

I haven’t a clue what the fish were, but they were dead.

Working in Romford a few years back and used to go for a walk after the evening meal through a very nice park which had a huge lake in it. used to pass this guy a couple of times a week and got chatting to him, he told me there was a massive pike that he was determined to catch in there.
A few days after him telling me this I saw a duck coming off the island in the middle of the lake with a load of young uns behind it. The pike took one of them.

Been fishing since I could walk. Done coarse/pike/trout and sea. Currently sea fishing.....(Coarse fishing is launching 6 ounces of lead randomly into the sea attached to line you could tow a barge with using a rod that could haul up the titanic then reeling in some poor tiny dab that somehow managed to get a meathook 4 times the size of it's own body wedged into his tiny mouth then out through his eyeball. Can you tell I'm not a fan of sea fishing!):hammer:.....some would say the same of carp fishing!!..3 boilies banged out to the horizon on bolt rigs and wait for a named fish to hook itself and hit the bank for probably the umteenth time in a week.

Beach fishing regularly at the moment....loads of whiting around,using them as livebait for cod,also been catching bass,codling,flatties etc. Next session tomorrow night,big cod the target,most likely a blank lol.

Well mate don't know about you but if I was a coarse fisherman I wouldn't be casting into the sea now would I? lol, the reason I asked the question is Ive been laid up and unable to get the rods out, I found a fishing game on my laptop very realistic, don't laugh until you have given it a go "fishsim2" Carp angler myself

I'm sure you're not that bad Pete!

Not of late but have been doing so most of my life, I have been carping at a lake on a cider farm in Glos, pretty good fishing, but not been this season at all yet.

Cider Farm bet there aint much Carpin going on then

Yeah a bit hehe

The lake I used to fish was owned by the local transport kaff owner 1st time I went he called me over to give him a hand with a wheelie bin, it was full of left overs from the kaff thats when I realised Carp are pigs with fins, no fancy baits on that lake, cheese, sausage meat, chips you name they ate it

Reply to Any Anglers about? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net