Discuss any shooting enthusiasts in here? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sorry should have said. Don't do it for sport, everything we shoot is eaten by ourselves or gifted/sold on to be eaten by others (obviously not including the pest control side). Do a lot of pest control for farmers/crofters, a lot of problems with mink killing chickens and foxes and hooded crows taking out newborn lambs, so all justified!

I respect your opinion and approach!, I HATE shooting for sport, and have a personal view of don't shoot anything that your not going to eat!!!

I'm a clay shooter myself, I have a browning cynergy, my Mrs has a browning 725 sporting 20G and I've just bought myself a lovely second hand barretta for dossing about with

any shooting enthusiasts in here? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I respect your opinion and approach!, I HATE shooting for sport, and have a personal view of don't shoot anything that your not going to eat!!!

I'm a clay shooter myself, I have a browning cynergy, my Mrs has a browning 725 sporting 20G and I've just bought myself a lovely second hand barretta for dossing about with

any shooting enthusiasts in here? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

All of our shotguns are Berettas, beautiful guns! Rifles are Remington's and think one is a Tikka something or another, have lost track!

chicken tikka?

Sorry should have said. Don't do it for sport, everything we shoot is eaten by ourselves or gifted/sold on to be eaten by others (obviously not including the pest control side). Do a lot of pest control for farmers/crofters, a lot of problems with mink killing chickens and foxes and hooded crows taking out newborn lambs, so all justified!

same here I dont believe in sport hunting
deer.ducks.turkey,geese.and pheasant and the occasional wild pig
everything goes in the freezer.

pest control , starlings,crows, coyotes,and groundhogs( marmots).
i use a remington 25-06 for deer & pigs
and an ithaca 12 bore for fowl.
a 225 for coyote and marmots and a air rifle for crows and starlings
i also have a tennis ball cannon (a bigger brother to a spud gun)

had my first go at clay pidgeon yesterday. the instructor was impressed i hit nearly every target.

i might take it up, at the end he went straight into how to get a licence etc cause he thinks im quite good.

12 gauge berreta with practise ammo and 4 competition grade ammo

any clay pidgeon places near nottingham/derby?

had my first go at clay pidgeon yesterday. the instructor was impressed i hit nearly every target.

i might take it up, at the end he went straight into how to get a licence etc cause he thinks im quite good.

12 gauge berreta with practise ammo and 4 competition grade ammo

any clay pidgeon places near nottingham/derby?

I can recommend a good one in Tamworth!

I got my firearms certificate at 14 and for my belated birthday present got a Zastava .22 bolt action. I was a member of a club at the time and was well in to my shooting and archery. I let my firearms license lapse though as I quickly grew tired of shooting at targets. I then joined the army and grew even more tired of the small arms range days! 120mm cannons are much more fun! I sold my rifle to a local gunsmith many years ago and don't really miss it. I still fire bow an arrow, I currently own a compound and a recurve bow and use them regularly. I even get to use them for deer every couple of years, sometimes even annually on the cull. A friend of a friend is the groundskeeper for a local Marquis and I get involved when they head out on round up. My mate is a firearms licence holder and accompanies me A. to shoot himself, and B. to cover me if I get a bad hit. I don't like to see animals suffer.

I still have my shotgun cert but haven't fired for about four years. The farmers round my way are all rip off merchants now and want serious cash just to shoot pidgeon and rabbit on their land. The farmer my dad knew and who I used to shoot with died and someone else took over the farm. I own two Silver Pigeons, one of which is as good as useless now, broken firing pins and a few years of neglect, just haven't got round to scrapping it yet. My newer one has never been fired. I also own a 12lbft .22 Weihrauch air rifle with a lovely telescopic sight, this one I use occasionally but I do like to have fun with a cheapo one I bought a few years back at a car boot for £30. No telescopic sight but great for shooting beer cans with mates in the garden after a BBQ and beers. Proper redneck style I know :D

Security is very lax on this thread, a lot of men on this forum advertise their business/home address and are now boasting about guns, if i was a criminal looking for guns i'd know to come to your family home to take them off you

if i was a criminal looking for guns i'd know to come to your family home to take them off you
If someone wants a gun round our way they don't have to take a legally held one from it's owner mate. You can pick them up a lot easier than you might think.

wtf? are you for real? and who are you? another member that joined, and has never truly contributed and now poking his nose in where it's neither wanted or needed?
admin- can we move this to the arms to keep the likes of this clown out of it?

He does have a point I I think the word boasting was not the best but from where he comes from I would imagine That sort of thing happened a lot in the 'good' old days

So calm down

Lads you mightn't like what i'm saying but it happened to a work colleague of mine he had a reputation as a gun man, shooting comps etc, one evening a crowd of hooded men came in beat him up in front of wife and kids and relieved him of his guns, he was a soft target

If I wanted a handgun I'd make two phone calls and have one within the hour lol. No houses to break in to, no cabinets to find, no locks to take a plasma cutter to. Even if someone wanted to expend so much energy for little gain by robbing my house they'd only have a stock and a barrell, no ammo, no lock, essentially just a useless bit of metal and wood. More fool them for trying haha.

There's things in my house I'd worry about having nicked more than some metal and wood.

Well ime a big shooter, Have Air, FAC and SGC, Been shooting since I was about 12 when my dad taught me to shoot.
Shoot clays when I can, Targets for fun and vermin shooting around the farms.

Rappare does have a vaild point to be fair, It has been known to happen in the countryside, But usually because someone has a very expensive piece. Pretty much every household in the countryside has guns of one form or another.

I dont have to worry to much about the safetly of my guns as they are kept off site in a secured and undisclosed location!

He does have a point I I think the word boasting was not the best but from where he comes from I would imagine That sort of thing happened a lot in the 'good' old days

So calm down

Thanks dingledong the crowd is about to turn against me and your going to flag me up as an ira man for an extra bit of abuse (lol i'm only joking with you, as regard to good old days, i was only a child wouldn't know, my work colleague was robbed two years ago by suspected travellers who in turn sell on to criminals who are after guns)

Nb. The man in my avatar is not me he is comedian david mcsavage, i am much younger and better looking lol

wtf? are you for real? and who are you? another member that joined, and has never truly contributed and now poking his nose in where it's neither wanted or needed?
admin- can we move this to the arms to keep the likes of this clown out of it?

What about clowns like me that don't have access to the arms? :(

Reply to any shooting enthusiasts in here? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock