Discuss Anyone familiar with wordpress? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trev

So me site is built. tyneside-electrician.co.uk .
Built using wordpress and a whole load of sweat and tears because I'm bloody clueless.
Now it comes to pass that somehow I have a page that comes up when you visit the site that says "nothing found" behind that from the header bar all the pages I did yesterday are there, visible and navigable. How the hell do I get rid of this page that shouldn't be there?
Any help will be gratefully received because I'm very close to throwing my lappy out of the living room window.

Sorry Mate can't my fingers are to big to be any good with a keyboard btw what is "wordpress" the question shows you how clued up I am with modern technology.:willy_nilly:

Hum, it would appear that the home page content is missing.

The individual pages have content.

One observation, you don't have a land line number or address so if I was looking for a sparky I wouldn't contact you!

You would also benefit from having locations near you stated on the site, plus things like BS 7671, EIC, EICR, Part P - get as many terms as possible...... so that when people are searching, they will find you!

PS - a few more pickies wouldn't go amiss either

No, that's not me Mike.
tyneside-electrician.co.uk
That's me.
The first page you get to tells you there's nothing there but if you look at home, domestic, commercial etc you'll see content.

Hum, it would appear that the home page content is missing.

The individual pages have content.

One observation, you don't have a land line number or address so if I was looking for a sparky I wouldn't contact you!

You would also benefit from having locations near you stated on the site, plus things like BS 7671, EIC, EICR, Part P - get as many terms as possible...... so that when people are searching, they will find you!

PS - a few more pickies wouldn't go amiss either
Yeah, there's still a lot of work to be done I know mate.

No, that's not me Mike.
tyneside-electrician.co.uk
That's me.
The first page you get to tells you there's nothing there but if you look at home, domestic, commercial etc you'll see content.

If you want proof reading done, I'm sure me and Geordie can tear it to pieces for you......
in a constructive way of course!!! :)

Just checking DNS account hasn`t been setup.....which host provider are you uploading to
its working taz, im using google opendns it could take 24 hours or so to update on all ofof them (im guessing your using bt)

you need toto change it a bit, you have more contact details on homepage instead of contact page.

for some reason you have linked the home hotlink to about page

Just checking DNS account hasn`t been setup.....which host provider are you uploading to
I went with TSOHost.
I have no idea what any of that thing about the DNS account means
you need to change the default page, if you click home it works.

the contact page would look better with an address and phone landline number

even if it is a virtual landline number
Once again, I have no idea what that means although I have added the landline. I'm reluctant to add the address just now

I went with TSOHost.
I have no idea what any of that thing about the DNS account means
Once again, I have no idea what that means although I have added the landline. I'm reluctant to add the address just now
dns is bassically like the yellow pages.

every server has an ip address, a dns server tells your computer which ip address to connect to for that website

google.co.uk is easier to remember than

ok just retried, site has come up with no problems, all pages working, may have just needed time to load
I've logged on to a web developers forum and a very nice lady called Jane told me how to do that. Static front pages.
So that seems to be that.
Just the google verification thing to sort now

ok just retried, site has come up with no problems, all pages working, may have just needed time to load
some dns servers can take 24 hours to load new websites, your defauly will probably be bt, thats why some of us could already access

edit

good job, fixed the first page error and it doesnt show about in the url bar now.

i would add your landline to contact page google might take people directly there

I don't know mate, other guys in my area don't have it on their site. If I worked out of a proper lock up somewhere I'd be less reluctant to publicise it.
Obviously my address goes on all certs but I'm just not comfortable with sticking my home on there.

I don't know mate, other guys in my area don't have it on their site. If I worked out of a proper lock up somewhere I'd be less reluctant to publicise it.
Obviously my address goes on all certs but I'm just not comfortable with sticking my home on there.

May be the reason then to add yours. I get the feeling that people are coming back to wanting somebody local (and accountable)!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Anyone familiar with wordpress? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net