Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss apps in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just acquired an android tablet. can anyone tell me how to get apps. ( e.g. cable calc ) on it? bearing in mind that anything with bytes, i'm a dinosaur.

Use the play store and search for either megger cable calculator or the draka one, best 2 i have found. Just click install and it will download and do it all itself. You may have to accept permissions

will try and help , got my wife a Samsung Tab for xmas she loves it.
Anyway you should find an icon on your tablet under apps called play. It is a google app, you will need a google login / email account to get to the play store. Anyway when you have followed the instructions it eventually takes you too the store where you can look at all the free stuff and search for apps you may want.
BTW the apps icon looks like a 4x4 set of white dots

first is how to find app.nothing like that in the icons. ah, found apps under market icon. but all it lists is crap like london bus times FFS.

think i'm getting there. there's a search facility.

thanks all. managed to d/l the draka cable calc. app. the magic slate is a elonex. 10" jobby.

i have capable with i think cost money £3.99.. i after flaffing about with cable calcs for dis circuit it came up with the same answer in 20 secs..

what do youi use bosch one for... ryan c...

The bosch app allows you to take a photograph of a room and add dimensions and notes to it, so i take a photo of my cables before the plasterboarding is done and record the measurments so when i come back i know where to make my holes

Attachments

• 20130121_011447_toolbox.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 88
that's useful for my phone. now i'll have to work out how to get it on the phone. what's the full title of the app?

the parek drive smoke packet was perfect in the days of avo 8 and wind up megger, but sadly, too small now. had to bite the bullet and now have to buy 20's.

I downloaded a few apps onto my tablet, but ended up downloading more games than anything else. Got a bit distracting so now I leave it at home!

thank you ryan. successfully downloaded the bosch app. to galaxyS2.

just can't fathom out how to change the bloody mm to inches.

Go to the photo, actually tap on the drawn line, when it's highlighted the unit change button appears at the bottom of the screen.
Don't know why this option isn't in settings. So you can use different units in the same photo i suppose.

leave your shiny tablet at home. it wont survive first fix on the site. may be good in a padded toolbag when you go out just for testing.

Any other suggestions for decent apps? I have a unit converter that comes in handy, converts units to just about every other measurement for length/weight and other things

Reply to apps in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net