Discuss Barn raising in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
How to put up (most of) a building in 10 hours (with an hour or so for lunch, obviously).

[video=youtube_share;AsTB0HnM6WM]http://youtu.be/AsTB0HnM6WM[/video]

That's pretty impressive!

Last edited:
That's nuts! Some team. Are they Amish?

Untitled.png
Yes. :)

yep. a roof space crying out for solar, but the amish have no use for electrickery. shame.

My solution:

1. Buy a large quantity of solar tiles.
2. Sell to Armish at fraction of the price as super insulated fire retardant roofing tiles.
3. Explain that due to metal construction they pose a higher risk of lightning strike, sets of tiles need to be linked by 'lightning tube'? (call it whatever you want, so long as it doesn't invoke impure thoughts)
4. Explain how the property now needs to be connected to a lightning grid to ensure it's completely safe.
5. During prayers complete any other works necessary.
6. Profit.

They are a pretty amazing group of people aren't they HS. Simple, humble living where everyone helps each other. Couldn't be doing with the religious aspect though!

Reply to Barn raising in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an interesting scenario that could use some feedback. I have 200A service in my home with a sub panel running to a detached garage...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been asked to quote an EICR on a fairly large installation. Approx. 400 circuits that are a mixture of single and 3 phase. This is across...
Replies
Views
Customer has asked if I can source an ups or battery power pack to run their boiler if they have a powercut. The powercut could last 3-5 days if...
Replies
Views
Now I understand why so many people in US have stories of computers blowing up during thunder storms. This is a pretty dumb rule for ground...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock