Discuss Beer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Turpentine substitute, choice of clear or purple, or is the purple paraffin, i am not too sure. Windscreen wash in blue or red, Antifreeze in blue, red or orange. Anyway they are £1.99 a litre at Asda, and the Aerosol de-icer is on buy one get one free...bonus. So all in all about a quid a pint whatever your tipple.

Cheers..........Howard

Any votes for Jennings Snecklifter? About 5.2%, so similar to old peculier and in looks too, but it just wins by a nose.

I don't know about you lot but I have done some extensive research into the best beer (and lager, sorry Tel, still a laddie!) & if I am pushed to choose, I would say snecklifter.

Of note are black sheep, abbot ale, old speckled hen, timothy taylor, bombardier, chocolate stout (a close 2nd place I'd say), bishops finger, london pride, directors.

Did hear of one called "bogsplatter" once.

Best on draught ever is Speculation (forest of dean brewery, dint make much & a bit rare but worth the hunt).

Lager? Stella, then singha, that czech stuff has a good nose, hoppy (pilsner urquiel or summat)

Beer sf.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
this is one of my favourites at £2.30 a pint here the High Peak, it is true creamy northern beer and very moorish !
Martin

snecklifter is bootiful, in stoke-on-trent is a brewery, called titanic. they do a range, all related to the ship, as in capt. smiths, white star bitter, all good ales. as for lager, can't beat the poles. okochim (7%). tyskie (5%), lech (5%). and there used to be one, brewed in newquay called newquay steam beer, so called because trhe brewery used steam engine power. it came in bottles with a stopper secured with a wire clip. that was moorish.

I thought someone would have mentioned Boddingtons by now, maybe it's gone out of fashion. We got it here in Cape Town a few years ago on draught but then it disappeared. You can still get the cans with the widget thing in them if you hunt around.

I thought someone would have mentioned Boddingtons by now, maybe it's gone out of fashion. We got it here in Cape Town a few years ago on draught but then it disappeared. You can still get the cans with the widget thing in them if you hunt around.

boddingtons has sadly gone the way of tetley and john smiths, fake beer.

blame phony blair and his anti smoking fascists for the demise of the real pubs. i hardly ever go to pubs now, can't have a smoke with a pint . most pubs you go to now, you forever falling over pushchairs with screaming snotty-nosed brats in them.

Fosters £3.35 a pint, hence don't go to the pub that often.
corner shop 4 pint cans of foster a bottle of wine less than £10

This Peroni lager, £4.50 a pint and I live in rural Wales!!!!

Good old carling does me, £2.70.

A beer type joke,tramp goes into diy shop and asks for 2 bottles of meths, bloke tells him to go away, after much pleading and insisting he needs it to clean brushes with shopkeeper agrees to sell him 1 bottle, as he reaches down to the shelf for a bottle tramp says "excuse me but you wouldn,t have a cold one would you?"

blame phony blair and his anti smoking fascists for the demise of the real pubs. i hardly ever go to pubs now, can't have a smoke with a pint . most pubs you go to now, you forever falling over pushchairs with screaming snotty-nosed brats in them.
Agreed,but why are all the pubs closing,where are all those people who said they would love to go in pubs if they weren,t full of those foul smelling creature such as myself and no doubt others on here who dared to enjoy a smoke and a pint in our local after a hard days work?

Never been the same since they closed the Strangeways brewery and started brewing it in South Wales

This Peroni lager, £4.50 a pint and I live in rural Wales!!!!

Good old carling does me, £2.70.

A keg of Peroni is a lot more expensive than a keg of your chemical lagers to buy in but Peroni is classed as a premium lager and pubs get as much as they can for it

Agreed,but why are all the pubs closing,where are all those people who said they would love to go in pubs if they weren,t full of those foul smelling creature such as myself and no doubt others on here who dared to enjoy a smoke and a pint in our local after a hard days work?

you will find that most of the anti smoking fascists are 2 faced , hypocritical, politically correct, zealots. next thing, they'll want to ban alcohol and sport on the TV, in pubs, replacing with soft drinks and chat shows.

Reply to Beer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock