Discuss best way in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bahco

mate of mine has got a utility room with a washer dryer and a freezer in, fuse spur on the ring which feeds 1 2g switched skt, which runs the washer and dryer.

double socket near on the ring which runs the freezer, the fuse in the spur keeps blowing cant take the dryer and the washer at the same time.

is the best way to plug the washer and the freezer into the 2nd socket then the dryer ito the socket fed by the spur?

any other idears?

cheers lads

If the fused spur is part of the ringmain & only supplies the double socket that the washer & dryer are plugged into, why not remove it & replace with a socket. the appliances do have fused plugs I take it.

yeah thats what i said to him but the fuse spur is above his worktop and he does not want to see cables above.

the socket which the spur runs is below the work top as is the 2nd socket, sorry my fault for not explaning properly in the first post

any idears?

sounds like he wants his cake and eat it

if he dont wanna see cables above, then he can only use his washer OR drier

its give and take!!!

if the freezer socket is on the ring, and i presume is under the worktop, why not just spur off that to another socket for the washer or drier?

Reply to best way in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
HI All, I am building a new house (self build) and have my part P so am running the cabling. My reading of the regs says that any appliance of...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I just want to confirm: Currently I have a spur leaving a socket in the bedroom, into a 13A Switched...
Replies
Views
Hi all, taken on a new build project and they have quite a large property with three separate manifolds. I have wired before with one manifold but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock