Discuss Blogs in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adam W

I checked out the new 'blogs' section when it was added a week or so ago and there was nothing in it.
I checked again recently and apart from Lenny's blog, a blatent advert and an article about air conditioning, the blogs section is full of unanswered questions from new members, presumably who haven't figured out how the forum works.
Surely this wasn't what the blogs section was intended for?

I suggest possible remedies could be:
  • Adding an explanation as to what the section is for, although there is no guarantee that everyone will read and understand it, especially if they just want a quick question answering,
  • Moving it 'out of the way' somewhere where you have to make a conscious attempt to access it where new members can't just stumble across it,
  • Binning it off seeing as we survived without it before.

Thank you for giving up your valuable time to read my thoughts.

I checked out the new 'blogs' section when it was added a week or so ago and there was nothing in it.
I checked again recently and apart from Lenny's blog, a blatent advert and an article about air conditioning, the blogs section is full of unanswered questions from new members, presumably who haven't figured out how the forum works.
Surely this wasn't what the blogs section was intended for?

I suggest possible remedies could be:
  • Adding an explanation as to what the section is for, although there is no guarantee that everyone will read and understand it, especially if they just want a quick question answering,
  • Moving it 'out of the way' somewhere where you have to make a conscious attempt to access it where new members can't just stumble across it,
  • Binning it off seeing as we survived without it before.

Thank you for giving up your valuable time to read my thoughts.

Agree with 1 & 2 but i think you have to give it a chance (3)

I do go in occasionally but i am getting fed up with telling newbies what to do. I have seen 1 Mod telling them to post on forum but i think we need a warning for newbies that if you post on the blog you will never be seen again!

Agree with 1 & 2 but i think you have to give it a chance (3)
The problem is that apart from yourself no existing members are using it, the only people who are using it don't seem to understand it.
It's a nice idea if used properly, but it just seems to be confusing new members, who may just get put off by the lack of any replies and never come back, which there is no reason for considering nobody is using it for it's intended purpose.

Hang in there I added the feature and then got busy with things. I'll be updating the blogging system and you'll see how we'll be working it.

Reply to Blogs in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net