Bni

Discuss Bni in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

cbw

-
Reaction score
Have any of you guys/girls had experience of a BNI 'Chapter'

Did breakfast meeting this morning, seemed really good........

Just not sure, early start, have to give weekly referals about people I know little about, must attend every week, £600.00/year plus £10.00 per week, just not sure.

We are really busy at present, my wife thinks it all stinks!

back slapping, self centered, corrupt would be some of the words id use after a quick geek at there site.

their quote of the day 'People buy you, not your product or service' says it all really..

I did and left, well got kicked out for not turning up 3 weks in a row and for one of te weeks I had a stand in who forgot to turn out for me.
I'm a sole trader and found it hard to make time on the morning of the meeting as I didn't get to the job till 9.30 am.
You've also got so make up 20 letters to other business that are not in your group and post them off (this is done x3 anually) and takes up alot of time although they pay for stamps and the letter is in a set format to cut and paste.
My wife did it for me and she is computer savvy and it took her a while to do.
If you've nowt on and can afford it you will more than likely get your money bck and a bit more but if your busy don't bother as it's a ball ache.

I have written to thank them for the oportuniy and invitation.

I am unable to commit the time and do not want to let them down.

I have to say I was very tempted???

I actually got another invitation letter from another chapter (group) and got the follow up call from the guy who posted it.I told him 'thanks but no thanks'
I went to a Network North (similar to BNI) after an invitation. It's less 'full on' but still not my thing.
I'm a good mixer but the whole selling yourself and presenting (albeit a few words) infront of others isn't for me. I'm not a salesman and you have to be a bit like that.
Luckily I've built a good name for myself and this gladly gives me my regular work.

Morning,

If you want to get into networking (many people do well out of it), then I would seriously consider 4Networking. None of the constraints or early mornings associated with the mentioned networks, very relaxed. They've got 300+ meetings up and down the country, so you'll probably have one nearby.

I don't work for them in any way and I'm not a member (yet), but I did like what I saw when I went to a free introductory meeting the other week (you can have 3 in total I think).
check them out at 4Networking - Business networking the modern way

Reply to Bni in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net