Discuss Board change/tidy up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

StephenRowley

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Been around the oh grandma because her electrics where out. The main RCd was tripping. After doing the usual unplug things figure out it was the wahsing machine so left her with electronics back on.

Now the question, I'm not a domestic I work in substations.

Now for the current set up is

Meter to a stand alone RCd then that goes out to Henley block and spilts to an old cartridge fuse board and separate more modern board with mcbs.

Now my thinking is that it wants swapping out with at least a duel RCD board.

Whats th rough ballpark figure for board swap in the Leeds area.

I'll try and get some pictures, completely forgot to get some the current set up is a mess tbh.

Remb
Been around the oh grandma because her electrics where out. The main RCd was tripping. After doing the usual unplug things figure out it was the wahsing machine so left her with electronics back on.

Now the question, I'm not a domestic I work in substations.

Now for the current set up is

Meter to a stand alone RCd then that goes out to Henley block and spilts to an old cartridge fuse board and separate more modern board with mcbs.

Now my thinking is that it wants swapping out with at least a duel RCD board.

Whats th rough ballpark figure for board swap in the Leeds area.

I'll try and get some pictures, completely forgot to get some the current set up is a mess tbh.
. What is a RCD and Henley boxes remember I’m from the states

Board change/tidy up IMG_20190723_192806 - EletriciansForums.net

Here's a picture of the horror show.

The lower fuse baord does stair lift, shower, bathroom fan, and a fire alarm.

Top fuse baord does everything else.

Not sure what the switched fsu is doing

Remb
. What is a RCD and Henley boxes remember I’m from the states

WT Henley was a manufacturing company who made, amongst many other things, service connector blocks. These are terminal blocks in an insulated enclosure, either single or double pole, usually rated 100A but also available as 60A or 200A.

They are also known as ISCO blocks, Lucy blocks, mains blocks.

Board change/tidy up 60ADPBLOCK - EletriciansForums.net

I'd be looking at around £550-£600 to sort that out properly,using a decent RCBO CU - assuming testing didn't find more issues to resolve as well.

I'd be looking at around £550-£600 to sort that out properly,using a decent RCBO CU - assuming testing didn't find more issues to resolve as well.

Blimey that’s cheap unless it’s a cash weekender job , the company I used to work for doing board changes started at £800 + vat

Well I'd say my lad and me could do it all in a good day mate so I'd be happy, I guess we don't have the overheads of the big boys. :)

Funny you should say that I used to charge £150 + materials for board swaps when I very first started out.
This was long before part pee etc.
I did test all circuits and issue a MW thou :)

Your wellcome to come up and do this board change for £150 if fancy a bit of nostalgia ;-)

Is it 1999 all over again , loved the 90s

Let me dust off the old XR3i and I will be right over :)

Just need to find my favourite mix tape for the journey

£150 was Fantastic money back then

Reply to Board change/tidy up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock