Discuss BT Zenon 1500 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ackbarthestar

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
This may be of interest to someone, I can't see myself getting excited though.....

I need someone who does get excited by buggering about with BT wireless phones

Here we go...simple really !
I have 3 wireless phones with one base set
I have done all the registration stuff and have attempted to set up the answering side of things....
Selected the Ans on with Rec on the base unit and Ans/Rec on the base unit phone.
I've set it for 2 rings and when it rings it just goes on and on
set it for 6 rings, which is more reasonable, and when it rings it continues until I either answer it or cancel

Anybody with one iota of the secrets of the wireless phone

Available for abuse 24/7 but don't expect to leave a message until somebody advises me

I remember that mine did this once and I think it was a problem with the extension lead being damaged and one of the wires was snapped.
Have you tried it direct in the main socket?
Unfortunately I have now forgotten the details!, Sorry.

Thanks for the reply Richard.

I did notice a couple of wires detached from the back of the master socket and decided to rip the lot out and rewired it. Managed to get the broadband and phone line back up but was still unable to get the answer machine to interrupt and record the incoming message.

I've tried the BT forum, but not much help there either....

Its obviously something so obvious that I've managed to miss it

Its a bit of a strange set up

3 cables coming in two master sockets with on-board filters one cable to one master, two to the other master. Both masters linked in parallel.
The broadband and base phone plug into one of the sockets via the broadband filter

All cables are 6-core with the standard 4-core, Blue and orange pairs connected in 2-5 and 3-4 terminals, respectively.

I've been assured that this has worked in the past.

Last edited:
All sounds good, If I remember correctly!
If you can unplug the cables for the phone can you do a network check on the cable to ensure they are correctly wired?
Are the sockets perhaps wired on the wrong side of the filters?

ah run out of ideas, sorry.

This is why you need to connect up terminal 3 in the sockets,people keep going on about only needing terminals 2&5 but now you know why,answering machines need a signal on terminal 3,yes the phone may ring on 2&5 but it doesn't,t know it,s ringing.

Thanks Phil D,
But after I reconnected the ringer, T3, it still didn't work.

Most phone systems I've messed around with were alot more complicated than this set up, albeit this one's a little odd.

I've just a cable tracer to check all the RJ45 outlets and another base unit so we'll what happens.....

Reply to BT Zenon 1500 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock