Discuss Buckle straps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I used to be able to get buckle straps from my supplier but not anymore.

Does anyone know where i can buy them now, big enough to take 25mm tails. ebay has some daft self adhesive ones but want the old fashioned type

they were used a lot on VIR and lead cable...

That's because they were basically the only clips available at that time!! lol!!

Still the best method for clipping T&E as well as many other types of cable. You can pre-install the clips accurately in correct positions, making it easier to then come along dressing and clipping the cable. Installed well, after a lick of paint the clips almost disappear, unless you really look for them!!

I actually used some very recently in my garage! I found some old boxes that I must of had some 30 plus years. Just proves never throw any thing away lol. You never know when you might need them!

AHhhh i can remember clipping 7/029 cable,then 2.5mm cable came out! Nice radius bends using 7/029 but with 2.5mm took ages to get used to trying to get a nice radius bend on it! Used to have work the inner conductor out towards the end so as to get the cable to lay flat at the bend. Happy days!

AHhhh i can remember clipping 7/029 cable,then 2.5mm cable came out! Nice radius bends using 7/029 but with 2.5mm took ages to get used to trying to get a nice radius bend on it! Used to have work the inner conductor out towards the end so as to get the cable to lay flat at the bend. Happy days!

Ha Ha, yes good ole cable ripped loads out time gone bye, and it was still in good nic sacrilege!!.

i know they used to come in various sizes, but what i used to do sometime was to double them up (2 joined together) to clip several cables together side by side. None of this tram line stuff using tower clips

Reply to Buckle straps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net