Discuss Cable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Frosty69

Hi people, Been working for myself for three months now and it's a bit slow but I'm managing, my question is how much should I be looking at paying per metre for cable 1.5, 2.5, 4.0, 6.0 and 10mm. I managed to get some drums of cable before I started up of a friend on the cheap so not really sure as there are big differences online.Thanks

Cable prices are changing all the time so its a bit like nailing down jelly.

Its more important to ensure that you cover your costs and also you should determine how much of your valuable time and diesel you are going to spend trying to save a couple of pounds!

Don't forget to allow for VAT, carriage costs and downtime waiting for deliveries!

Ring a couple of wholesalers up and ask them what they charge for it. I get the common stuff 1.0, 2.5, 3 core 100m at a time, the rest i usually get cut to length, but the price varies by the day.

Cheers.........Howard

Cable prices vary considerabbly.
One of my local wholesalers quoted an inclusive price for 100m of 4mm² singles, that was less than the exclusive price from another wholesaler.
Then there are internet wholesalers who often have free delivery, often available direct to site.
Meteor, one of the site sponser's seem to be quite competitively priced.

Cable ive brought varies so much i wont buy cheap and must be of good quality draka ,prysman AEI , all the cables must be date stamped ,size bs number on it , i used some the other week which just to touch didnt feel right so i stopped using it , being fussy is a good thing in my eye especially after the recall of cables from the one manufacturer so i stick to well know and approved brands , be careful buying off the internet unless its a basec approved brand

last 2.5mm i bought was £54.00 /100 meters 1.5mm was £49.00 never use 1 mm

how much should I be looking at paying per metre for cable 1.5, 2.5, 4.0, 6.0 and 10mm.

Buying by the meter would be a big no in my opinion,even with little work on,it will eventually get used.
100 meters of any cable by the meter is much more expensive than the 100 drum

In answer to your question In comparison to years past
a hell of a lot of money

Reply to Cable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net