Discuss Can I finish off? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cirrus

I have a new customer who has had a couple of new circuits installed (first fix). For some reason the spark will not go back for 2nd fix. Cust says there were no payment issues and has no idea why he won't go back. Cust has asked me (referral) to 2nd fix for him but where do I stand as I can of course 2nd fix everything but he wants install signing off. How can I sign off someone else's install though as I don't know if it was done to regs etc etc. Can I just 2nd fix and say that the first fix spark must certify or how do I go about this?

i think you would only be able to give them a pir and then tick the box that work has been done recently otherwise you are third party testing

There is a thread titled " advice please " same situation as your in with loads of good advice

HTH

Ste

A periodic is non-notifiable though isn't it? Never done one so A) wouldn't quite know exactly what is involved and B) would be worried I might leve myself wide open.

Anyone got a PIR blank form on computer?

just had a quick look in the ITC handbook

unless the circumstances make it unavoidable a PIR shouldnt be issued as a substitute for a elec inst cert a PIR doesnt provide a declaration by the designer or installer that their work complies with BS7671
if it has to be issued then make the purpose and limitations clear

this is just a summary from the NICEIC ITC book

Thanks Wayne so really, are we saying that the only real way forward is for me to re-do the installation myself and then sign off when done?

i seem to remember a thread about this sort of thing a while back, sure it finshed by saying just write in the appropriate boxes what you aint covering.....cables routing etc

cant remember if it was on a pir or eic tho.

A periodic is non-notifiable though isn't it? Never done one so A) wouldn't quite know exactly what is involved and B) would be worried I might leve myself wide open.

Anyone got a PIR blank form on computer?

Just a couple of points, I was talking to the building inspector on a job a few weeks ago and in this particular borough he said they were now refusing PIR certs as a substite for Part P. He said they used to accept them but now they want the full EIC for part P. I don't know if this is country wide or not but I got the impression that they'd had some sort of instruction from higher up that PIR were no good anymore.

why not just finish tne job ,test it and if it fails put right whats wrong ,or is that not allowed:confused:
and tell yhe guy you want paying for every thing you do :)
have fun:)

Reply to Can I finish off? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock