Discuss Can I just plug it in? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have purchased a piece of equipment from China and we are required to finish the final wiring. They have supplied a length of 3 core 6m cable, which seems excessive.
The unit has a power consumption of 1kw - 2.5kw
Rated voltage - 220v
Rated power - 3.42kw
Rated current 20a

Would it be safe to wire this up with a 13 amp 3 pin plug or will this need to be hardwired.
Ideally we would like to be able to move the oven to various locations around the factory, so it would be preferable to use the 3 pin plug, so is there anything I could add to the oven to allow this?

20A at 220v is 4.4Kw

so all bets are off when it comes to figuring out what its requirements are.

I would suggest putting it into 32A rcbo as a temporary supply, turning on everything to full power and using a clamp meter to measure its current draw.

that should give you a good idea of what size supply it will need.

If that's the spec they have given then I would be checking the quality of the product. Got any photos of it and and the spec plate?

Reply to Can I just plug it in? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all Some advice on this would be great. Due to wire a kitchen from scratch and in a pickle over the designing of the oven and hob circuits due...
Replies
Views
Hi there I have a few questions related to the power ratings of certain devices and how this interplays with the fuse. The reason I am asking...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking some advice on an overheating plug adaptor please. Complete amateur so please forgive any errors in calcs / assumptions /...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock