Discuss ccu problems in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

hi all , fitted new consumer unit and blew meter fuse now in darkness anyone any ideas why?

Hi cracker,nice of you to join us ,faults like this are quite rare and a little more background would be good to enable accurate diagnosis, now did it go with a big bang or a little bang? can you smell burning anywhare ,was it the sort of bang that required a change of underware?:eek:
im sure others will have there own theorys as to why it blew up ,personly i think if you dont know whats gone wrong ,then ,youre a ---- who shouldnt have been messing about with it in the first place:eek:

have a nice day,and when you find out what caused it please let us know ,i wish i had been there to see it, i love a good explosion :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi cracker,nice of you to join us ,faults like this are quite rare and a little more background would be good to enable accurate diagnosis, now did it go with a big bang or a little bang? can you smell burning anywhare ,was it the sort of bang that required a change of underware?:eek:
im sure others will have there own theorys as to why it blew up ,personly i think if you dont know whats gone wrong ,then ,youre a ---- who shouldnt have been messing about with it in the first place:eek:

have a nice day,and when you find out what caused it please let us know ,i wish i had been there to see it, i love a good explosion :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
SOoooooooooooo mmuch sympathy & help RR........like it

Possibly a cu fixing screw through the tails?
You tried changing cu with live tails?

hi all , fitted new consumer unit and blew meter fuse now in darkness anyone any ideas why?

Is this guy real
Its either a feeble wind up or type of question that I detest hearing
If he's not a wind up merchant then he is the most deadly of charectors to have to deal with
The guy who may be able on occasion to make something electrical work
He would not be aware or even care whether it is safe
He has tackled a job that is way beyond is capabilities and is asking advise on the f--k up
It would be insane for anyone to even offer any information lest the next victim may be a person rather than a fuse
My only advise is get real, get an electrician in straight away,get out of electrical work

Yeh you made a Top Grade F*** up when you changed the CU.

Love to hear the excuse you tell the supply company when you ring them to come and replace the fuse, if you tell them anything.:rolleyes:

Supply company electrician turns up replaces fuse BANG:eek:

Last edited:
So 'Cracker',
Did you manage to get the problem sorted? I think you'll understand why everyone is a little short on sympathy here? Armchair sparks drive us and the emergency services crazy me old mate;)

I know the answer, its because you didn't do the required tests before going live. You were very lucky not to kill someone, I would suggest and I imagine the electrical supply company will demand that a qualified and compotent electrian redo the whole job and test everything you have touched or even looked at. You were clearly born from an egg on a mountain top and will be finding yourself in court on criminal charges if you try this again

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to ccu problems in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock