Discuss Cheap CU's - Any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Any installed these? £47 seems really cheap but am very dubious myself. Also, no mention of BS numbers

Any opinions welcome as seems a possible money saver, think they are CTI boards

17TH EDITION CONSUMER UNIT DUAL RCCD 8 WAY FUSE BOARD

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17TH-EDITION-CONSUMER-UNIT-DUAL-RCCD-8-WAY-FUSE-BOARD_W0QQitemZ290305047340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Materials_Supplies_Electrical_ET?hash=item290305047340&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Hi,

Any installed these? £47 seems really cheap but am very dubious myself. Also, no mention of BS numbers

Any opinions welcome as seems a possible money saver, think they are CTI boards

17TH EDITION CONSUMER UNIT DUAL RCCD 8 WAY FUSE BOARD

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17TH-EDITION-CONSUMER-UNIT-DUAL-RCCD-8-WAY-FUSE-BOARD_W0QQitemZ290305047340QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Materials_Supplies_Electrical_ET?hash=item290305047340&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I have to be honest, i would not trust ANY electrical items from any auction site, whoever its from, as there have been many fake MCB's etc that are potentially lethal as they contain nothing inside.

Im saying they will be, i just wouldnt.

Contact your local wholesaler as im sure they may be able to do a good deal on 'branded' materials.

All IMHO.:)

i buy and sell alot of parts like cctv equipment alarm pannels pir mcb dis boards never had any problems yet touch wood but if you do buy from the likes of ebay make sure you choose sumbody with high positive feedback to give you sum peace of mind

reguards mike

Hi
I wouldn't risk it with any 'budget' electrical items. One problem I come across is missing screws, cross threaded terminals and screws that don't tighten.
The DB may be fine, but replacement mcb's may be a problem, I can almost guarantee it's not very solid in it's build and will look cheap.
Always try to use branded equipment (except GET which are rubbish!), you're passing the cost onto the customer anyway. Most customers will appreciate better quality equipment, and less hassle for you.

Hope this helps :)

Reply to Cheap CU's - Any good? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net