Discuss Clay Pigeons need love... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There must be others who deem it neccessary to march about shooting up creation for fun...come on,you've all probably done more damage with yer' sidecutters...just askin :gunsmilie:

I'm not keen on shooting game, I have a personal rule, if your not going to eat it, don't blow holes in it!!!. And my mrs wouldn't have blood and shot all over the kitchen!!

However when you talk about little clays........hand me my gun!, one of my favourite past times!

I have a browning cynergy black ice, a silver pigeon 2. And my mrs has a browning 725 20g

Well, I've done lots of all three (as in shot for food, shot for clays and shot for targets) and in my yester-year before I had to cancel my firearms ticket (though am just about to renew it again after twenty years out as I've eventually discovered the local rifle club is friendly) I took a Bronze in the Nationals at Bisley one year. Biggest 'rifle' I've fired - 40mm cannon (in the States). .44 Magnum you need shoulders the size of boulders for as it weighs a flippin tonne to start with. Favourite toy on the target range was the L97A1 .223 when I still had access to MOD ranges. Not sure what I'll be buying when I renew, it's been a long while and I'll need to rub the rust off big time!!

The only creatures I've ever shot not for food is rattlesnakes out in the States - spent some time out there in my youth with family in Arizona and my uncle was a construction foreman for what we'd call civil engineering over here, so new roads etc, and I was tasked with patrolling the areas where men were working to shoot the nastier vermin for safety reasons - so I'd put some big boots on, go kick some rocks around and shoot whatever crawled out from under them - rattlers and scorpions, though it's quite hard to shoot a scorpion that's narrower than your .38!

However, I do have a rather personal relationship with clays - when I was about 15 I was operating the traps on a shoot, and we had a batch of dodgy ones. One had a tiny bit fly off it as it was still in the runner, caused it to exit the spring at an angle, hit the straw bail and bounced straight back at me, embedding itself in my skull about an inch above my left eye. Was a proper ambulance blue-light job, blood transfusions etc and I spent four days in hospital having it dug out again. Scars remain to this day.

Yep,i help run a small private clay shoot,and without a doubt,the traps are the most dangerous part...I mostly favour a Browning 525,whilst my Mrs uses a Berretta AL391. I do a bit of game but it's all prepped and eaten,even occasional guddling for eels and trout.My 12 year old son shoots,and his 6 year old brother will too.They will be taught respect and safety with firearms,and when they enter the big wide world,they will have it.Considered getting a 725 sporter,but the one i demo'd had a big orange motif on each side,looked hideous,would have to get the grinder out...

Yep,i help run a small private clay shoot,and without a doubt,the traps are the most dangerous part...I mostly favour a Browning 525,whilst my Mrs uses a Berretta AL391. I do a bit of game but it's all prepped and eaten,even occasional guddling for eels and trout.My 12 year old son shoots,and his 6 year old brother will too.They will be taught respect and safety with firearms,and when they enter the big wide world,they will have it.Considered getting a 725 sporter,but the one i demo'd had a big orange motif on each side,looked hideous,would have to get the grinder out...

That's exactly why I bought the 725 and the cynergy, no hideous scroll work and a nice modern logo.

Each to their own tho

love hunting boar, deer, elk, geese and duck.
but the best thing i recommend is to have your gun custom fit to you by a good gunsmith.
too long or too short a stock can affect your accuracy and give you a hell of a wallop on the shoulder

Reply to Clay Pigeons need love... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net