Discuss Comelit 8241 Intercom/Keypad AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHH! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cjm500

Hi All

Just wondered if anybody on here has experience in installing these? I've done a few Videx ones before which haven't been a problem but the customer wanted the 8241 because of the blue LED backlight (not exactly to my taste I might add).

I've gone through the wiring diagrams and initially it all seemed simple. The unit is modular in that the keypad/intercom are separate. The keypad was simple enough in that all there is to wire are AC feed, AC return and relay outputs Common and NO1.

Problem I have got it with the 1601 intercom unit. I just can't get it to work!

Going by the wiring diagram used outputs on the top connector strip are:

AC Feed
AC Return
P1 this goes to phone for buzzer
4- Return from phone
2 this goes to phone for microphone
3 this goes to phone for speaker

There's also a return from button on phone to go to NO1 on keypad connector strip to close the gate relay when it's pressed.

My problem is I just can't get the unit to power up, even the blue LED backlights on the intercom unit won't light. Only way I can get them to light is if I link out the AC return and 4- pins on the top connector strip.

Have tried Comelit technical support they recommended testing the return from the phone for continuity but that isn't the problem, got it set up on a bench now and it's still the same and I think they're closed now until new year.

I just wondered if anybody has had experience installing these before - have I done something stupid like left a link out somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris

Reply to Comelit 8241 Intercom/Keypad AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHH! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net