Discuss Cooker Zs zero 0hms in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike P

Hi chaps.

Put a cooker feed in in 6mm three core SWR (armour) run on otside of building. I earthed the armour screen but did not use it as part of the earth path. The suppliers feed is TNC-S
cable run 12Mtrs aprox plus 2 mtrs 6mm T&E.
Using a Fluke 1653 checked Zs for certificate and I get a reading of Zero Ohms. Is this to good to be true
I checked and re zeroed meter still the same. checked it against a ring main socket and got what I would expect.
Test done on the open T&E tails before connection.
Any sugestions would be welcome.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, have you done an earth loop test after connection? You could do this at the cooker socket and get a realistic reading - I can't see how that length of cable could give a zero reading. I've used a fare bit of SWA recently and although its good, it can't be that good. If nothing else you should get some resitance on the short length of 6mm T+E. I assume the fluke shows that you have a continuous circuit - I've never used one but my megger shows whether it is continuous or not. I would connect the CU end Phase/CPC and give it another go -if still nothing then resort to live tests after connection. Hope this helps a bit.

Hi ElectricMick.
Thanks for your reply. I was begining to think there was no one out there.
The Zs measurement I took was on the live circuit Live. Every thing seems to be ok with the other tests, ins resistance etc it was just this one reading that was throwing me, it seemed to good to be true. I can only assume my meter was playing up on the Zs test.

Mike

Reply to Cooker Zs zero 0hms in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock