Discuss Covid jab in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have a friend that had the first jab, works with the elderly, and is now off sick with the virus.....?‍♂️
has been similar with the flu jabs. my old man was ill for a few after he had his flu jab.

A good friend of mine has just had her first, she is 53-ish and works in a care home. No issues at all.

Still no word for my parents though, which is more of a worry (he is 79, she is 84).

A friend of mine (probably mid 50s) got it over Xmas and ended up in hospital with blood clots on lungs, needed morphine for the pain, now convalescing at his ex-wife's place (so I have to assume it was that serious)!.

Well the good news is both of my parents have had the first vaccination.

Still no word about my mate who caught it over Xmas though, but can ask again.

I still cannot work out why we are having 'appointments' !! Surely you want to vaccinate as many people as possible, as quickly as possible ? So in effect you want a 'hopper' full of people to feed the production line ?? Critical Success Factors being an efficient production line and a hopper that always has someone in it ??

That's why I don't understand the stories in the press about some of the 'unused' vaccine being giving to non-priority candidates !! I suspect that the NHS are using the Winter Flu Vaccine programme as a model for the Covid Vaccine programme ?

I still cannot work out why we are having 'appointments' !! Surely you want to vaccinate as many people as possible, as quickly as possible ? So in effect you want a 'hopper' full of people to feed the production line ?? Critical Success Factors being an efficient production line and a hopper that always has someone in it ??

That's why I don't understand the stories in the press about some of the 'unused' vaccine being giving to non-priority candidates !! I suspect that the NHS are using the Winter Flu Vaccine programme as a model for the Covid Vaccine programme ?
You can't just have dozens of elderly folk queuing up in a freezing car park waiting for their turn for the -----.
I took an old gent last Sunday to his appointment. It ran like clockwork. In and out in 20 mins. That includes the compulsory 10 mins wait time after to ensure there were no bad reactions.

You can't just have dozens of elderly folk queuing up in a freezing cast park waiting for their turn for the -----.
I took an old gent last Sunday to his appointment. It ran like clockwork. In and out in 20 mins. That includes the compulsory 10 mins wait time after to ensure there were no bad reactions.
Haha didn't realise I couldn't say the word ----- on here!
Let's call it a jab instead then.

A cousin of mine died in hospital on Tuesday. Details are sketchy, but it looks like it might of been Covid. He was having breathing problems.

Underlying trait, was he appeared to be recovering, but then took a turn for the worse before passing away.

My mother (81) had her first jab 2 weeks ago (AZ) and my father (77) is booked for next week. She drove there and back (after 15 min wait) with no issues and appointment was booked for follow up 12 weeks later.

I've read some reports of serious side effects, but surely that is the case for a small percentage of recipients of any vaccination? Considering how many people have already been injected, it would seem that side effects aren't particularly common. At least not in the short term...

side effects aren't particularly common. At least not in the short term...

couple of years we'll all have grown 2 heads. hence the expression " 2 heads are better than 1"

You can't just have dozens of elderly folk queuing up in a freezing car park waiting for their turn for the -----.
This disease presents asymptomatically in a not insignificant number of cases, so there will be a proportion of people turning up for their vaccinations that are already infected, so you don't want them hanging around for any longer than is necessary.
At the end of the day, if there are any vaccinations left over, my local centre has a reserve list that they contact by 'phone, and ask if they can attend immediately.

Reply to Covid jab in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net