Discuss dangerous dave in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dangerous dave

hi,can anyone help me out please,im currently living in a rented flat and i moved 3 sockets as a small job for my landlord i havn't run a new circuit just moved the sockets away from a boiler.i was under the impression that i didn't need to issue a certificate as im only 2nd year2330 but my landlord tells me she needs it.if this is true should maybe i go to my local council and explain or has anyone else got other bright ideas :confused: thanks to anyone that can help,cheers dangerous

Just tell her you are a DIY person and that you are not qualified to issues certificates.
If she is not happy tell her you will put them back to where they were.
Because if you doing professionally, then you should have made tests before starting.
Making tests afterwards could open a can of worms.
I would in your situation plead ignorance and you did it in good faith.
Did you do for free?

you know ,you do someone a favour ,next minute ...can i have the paperwork .tell her to beggar off otherwise there be rent issues and next time keep your tools to yourself
i assume your work was to a high standard and complied with current regs?

sounds like non-notifiable work so is nothing to do with the council really.

i was under the impression that i didn't need to issue a certificate

should still issue a Minor Works Cert i'm afraid...

hi my fellow sparks yes i did charge for the job and as far as i know it was to the regs,is there anything i can do ie pay someone for a cert,cheers dangerous dave,ps im not really dangerous just fancied the name might put it me van when i get one once im qualified

Last edited by a moderator:
hi my fellow sparks yes i did charge for the job and as far as i know it was to the regs,is there anything i can do ie pay someone for a cert,cheers dangerous dave,ps im not really dangerous just fancied the name might put it me van when i get one once im qualified

aint you got access to a meter and you can test it yourself?

oh, and where abouts were the sockets?

kitchen would be notifiable, l/room wouldnt.

and bathroom would mean you got one mutha of a bathroom and a good working knowledge of the 17th edition:D

Reply to dangerous dave in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net