Discuss Deadlocks in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I had mine professionally fitted and the bloke made a damn good job of it to be honest, very clean and tidy and was extremely careful and treated all the edges for rust etc too.

I'm trying to decide whether to have a set fitted.

Anyone experienced rusting of panels where deadlocks have been fitted or due to swarf left in the bottom of doors?

Anyone fitted them themselves (as opposed to getting a professional to fit)?
I've fitted quite a few over the years. Eventually the inevitable happens and you get some corrosion, but if you take your time and do a good job and treat any bear metal prior to fitting, you can't go far wrong.

Had some slam plates inc slam locks replacements handles fitted year old now and rusty. Life time warranty not worth a sh1te as they say remove them and send back so they can check them, leaving my van unable to be locked or even doors closed

I spoke to an auto locksmith/van security expert on the phone the other day. He said the vw caddy is prob the most secure van anyway. It has deadlocks on the rear door anyway! With The locks4vsns deadlocks i have he said they would take ages to get in.

I was calling him about fitting more locks and he put himself out of the work by saying this!!

He said if i have any more locks they would think i was carrying gold bullion!!

I spoke to an auto locksmith/van security expert on the phone the other day. He said the vw caddy is prob the most secure van anyway. It has deadlocks on the rear door anyway! With The locks4vsns deadlocks i have he said they would take ages to get in.

I was calling him about fitting more locks and he put himself out of the work by saying this!!

John car keys is supposed to be very good around derby a mate had snapped his key in the lock and the guy came out.

Managed to remove old one and knocked him one up in a few mins out of the back of the van

Pis the caddy not the one with the hinges half way up back doors and the scum just bend the door in half to get in

No matter what security measures you install, no matter how many locks or immobilisers or alarms you fit, if they want it badly enough they'll get in. The best you can do is hope to delay them enough to make it not worth their while.
As I've said on another thread, a lock only keeps the honest people out

No matter what security measures you install, no matter how many locks or immobilisers or alarms you fit, if they want it badly enough they'll get in. The best you can do is hope to delay them enough to make it not worth their while.
As I've said on another thread, a lock only keeps the honest people out

But an alsation always works

Reply to Deadlocks in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net