Search the forum,

Discuss Did somebody overstep the mark? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It’s very annoying when moderators delete a post and then ban a member. It creates the illusion that it was for no reason. Why not edit the post with a load of ################################# and a brief description of the indiscretion. i.e. banned for swearing or something like that.

It’s very annoying when moderators delete a post and then ban a member. It creates the illusion that it was for no reason. Why not edit the post with a load of ################################# and a brief description of the indiscretion. i.e. banned for swearing or something like that.
Judging by one of the responses that's exactly why the offender was banned

It's simple - why leave the forum dirty washing out on show for all the search engines to find?

Its ONE thread that was of no use to anyone anyway.

As Rockingit says the content is removed so the forum doesn't get complaints or penalised in search rankings. If it's posted in the non-public areas like the Arms or the 3K forum then we're a lot less likely to jump on bad language, insults etc and less likely to remove them as well. There's also a difference between general bad language and banter and posting stuff that's highly likely to inflame a thread into a full-blown slanging match which means those people who've made good informative posts have wasted their time when it gets deleted and it just adds to the staff workload as well.

marvo, it would be interesting if the deleted threads got moved to a section in the arms called the bin.

say for a week or whatever then deleted and it would stop all these questions like what happened to this guy.

lets be honest, i dont see how you have time to work/sleep with how much moderating you seem to be doing marvo

Sleep is for wussies and I work at least an 8 hour day except for Friday when I knock a small ball everywhere on the golf course except for the hole :)

Seriously, I'm usually doing several other things whilst I'm logged in so my attention isn't just here.

Sleep is for wussies and I work at least an 8 hour day except for Friday when I knock a small ball everywhere on the golf course except for the hole :)

Seriously, I'm usually doing several other things whilst I'm logged in so my attention isn't just here.
i play mmorpg, im in a group that are a right laugh.

so much so 24 hour or all night gaming sessions are regular if we are not all working.

last one was thursday night till sat morning when i had to leave to pick someone up from the airport

I'm not quite that bad, I only do all-nighters if it's site work, if it's general office work I usually call it quits around 1am, 4 or 5 hours sleep and all is good.

Reply to Did somebody overstep the mark? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net