Discuss DIY...the dos, don’ts, and detecting when help is needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Although summer never officially graced the UK, it is in fact over; and with the Kids back in school and universities starting up; home DIY is often top of the agenda in preparation for a season that never fails to deliver: winter.

Read the full news article

Which is fine enough advice. However, one wonders how many DIY'ers read the ECA website on a regular basis?

Oh bugger, i will need to get an RCD for my lawnmower. I always cut the grass when it is wet, cos it is never dry.
Does anyone know how to fit an RCD to my petrol mower?:tounge_smile:

Cheers...........Howard

Oh bugger, i will need to get an RCD for my lawnmower. I always cut the grass when it is wet, cos it is never dry.
Does anyone know how to fit an RCD to my petrol mower?:tounge_smile:

Cheers...........Howard
well at least you can still use it,found out the other day some fools cut all the cables off my spades lol

Does it say if you have not got an RCD fitted to your consumer unit then get an RCD , or does it take on the advice that you must have an RCD on your lawn mower , then you end up with a no discrepancy between the RCD's lol or after i upgraded a consumer unit the house holder then asked me to change all her socket fronts all RCD ones she had been told by the shed that these were hwat she needed , after explaining to her she then took them all back whlst i changed them to scholmores

Sorry! forgot to put a NOT before "through N". I you pick up a live cable and get a belt off it the current is flowing through you to earth; just because there is no cable doesn't mean it's not there!!

Water and electricity are not friends, but once again an RCD may be yours. Have one fitted in your lawn mower to ensure it cuts any power at the blink of an eye if it senses a wet spot.

I thought I kept up to date with technology but I've never heard of a moisture sensing RCD. I'll have to get a moisture meter to check if the grass is dry enough to prevent the mower cutting out.

A rcd basically detects a imbalance over live and neutral what goes through live should come back through neutral and when you get a shock the current goes through you and to the ground which creates a imbalance between live and neutral so it trips the rcd

Reply to DIY...the dos, don’ts, and detecting when help is needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock