Discuss Do you really really need more in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Looks nice but the idea is to have it compact enough to be able to carry it around easily, if I need nut spinners I use a socket set, remember sparks are eligible for a Halfords trade card.
Wouldn't lend that to anyone, even my Bestie, and he's not a Plumber.

....Alright,if you need an example of dedicated excess...here is my "handy" Wiha driver roll. The picture shows them to be similar,but the third roll in the fore-ground,is System 4,4mm,and the other two System 6.
It has 000 to 3,pozi,philips,torx,allen,ball,etc,and adjustable length blades.

It was a lump of brass,to assemble,and don't try to buy the triple roll - you can't - we made it out of three,on an 1890's Singer,which can sew leather :cool:

It was made as an carry set,and fits in a large,side pocket,then unrolls and hangs,either way,from a hook or magnet. If i had a pound,every time someone sees it unrolled,and says "Blimey!...that's cool....where did you get that?..." i could build another!

It's the kind of set which you just have handy...and can stick anywhere....only i don't feel like doing that,coz it cost a fortune ;)

Attachments

• Do you really really need more 20190820_135914 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190820_135914.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
  • Do you really really need more 20190820_140042 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190820_140042.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
....Alright,if you need an example of dedicated excess...here is my "handy" Wiha driver roll. The picture shows them to be similar,but the third roll in the fore-ground,is System 4,4mm,and the other two System 6.
It has 000 to 3,pozi,philips,torx,allen,ball,etc,and adjustable length blades.

It was a lump of brass,to assemble,and don't try to buy the triple roll - you can't - we made it out of three,on an 1890's Singer,which can sew leather :cool:

It was made as an carry set,and fits in a large,side pocket,then unrolls and hangs,either way,from a hook or magnet. If i had a pound,every time someone sees it unrolled,and says "Blimey!...that's cool....where did you get that?..." i could build another!

It's the kind of set which you just have handy...and can stick anywhere....only i don't feel like doing that,coz it cost a fortune ;)

Delete the photos as Pete999 will get an erection and at his age thats dangerous............ ;o)))))))

If you know anyone who's relatives have just died, you'll soon see an influx of all sorts of tools. A friends father died about a month ago and I was asked to just take anything I wanted/would find useful. I got an electric staple gun that does small tacks, as well as staples. If I ever get around to it, great for re-upholstery! Not to mention a set of screwdrivers, and a whole Bosch drill and screwdriver bit set that looks like it's never been used!

If you know anyone who's relatives have just died, you'll soon see an influx of all sorts of tools. A friends father died about a month ago and I was asked to just take anything I wanted/would find useful. I got an electric staple gun that does small tacks, as well as staples. If I ever get around to it, great for re-upholstery! Not to mention a set of screwdrivers, and a whole Bosch drill and screwdriver bit set that looks like it's never been used!
My elderly neighbour is always trying to pass off bits and pieces to me out of her garage. Her late husband was an electrician but she cleared out most of his stuff years ago.
Was repairing one of the kids bikes in the tenfoot last weekend and she walked past and caught wind we were after a machine screw. She came back a couple of minutes later with a box full of hundreds of old ones. All imperial :hearteyes:

Oh and PEG, do you know how to use them?

Now that's the kind of disparaging,bullying-in-the-workplace talk,that could cause a shy,retiring and un-confident youth,such as myself,to give it all up....and pursue an alternative career,in kite-surfing...

....orrrr....you could have a point ;)

My elderly neighbour is always trying to pass off bits and pieces to me out of her garage. Her late husband was an electrician but she cleared out most of his stuff years ago.
Was repairing one of the kids bikes in the tenfoot last weekend and she walked past and caught wind we were after a machine screw. She came back a couple of minutes later with a box full of hundreds of old ones. All imperial :hearteyes:

Whilst dismantling an old barn,at a farm,due for redevelopment,the old dear who had sold it,asked me to help her load some boxes....she was actually a real character.....anywho,she said there were some bits i could have:cool:

The day we loaded up,to leave,she gave me a handful of Snap-on flare-nut spanners,a copper's helmet,and a four-spring teak handled chest expander;)

That was 35 years ago,and i still have all of them:sleepy:

Wonderful that she even knows what a machine screw is, cos i don't. :grimacing:

A bolt threaded to the head usually, but I think she my have the hots for a "young" PEG, nudge nudge wink wink...........
Peg is a Manc. he can have seconds after a Scouser has done. :p:p

Its a good set, my reservations with those is that should you scrog a blade (you know, if you lend a plumber your #2 POZI and he uses it on a Philips screw) do you need to buy a new set.
Unless they do spare replacement blades?
They do blades individually, not just replacements, but supplements also

screwdrivers, it seems the answer to that question is yep you do......... this is just "some" of the ones I have,

View attachment 51447

orderred these........

View attachment 51448
You could have gone for the tool tart version of the Wera kit. It's a bit nice.

Have them myself,spares are available, the gas cabinet key is always handy.

I've looked at that set, nice idea but you already have most (save the Joker spanner), I'm eyeing up the VDE socket set just because but the price is -------- torsion inducing

The Wera allen key sets (standard and long),are really good:cool:

Got the lot,Torx included....had to search a bit for the imperial set,which came in a nice wallet,but i liked the rubber hinged holder...so....

I ordered another rubber holder,and re-engineered the holes,so the imperial set,fitted ;)

This is what happens,when you don't have drink,football and ----,as distractions :D:D:D

Why was my post deleted, I am the thread starter so I own it, censorship over zealousness WTF is going on, its bad enough having to put up with all the targeted adds FFS as that is why I post up on here less and less, if it isn't reinstated then please delete my account and all my data photos posts etc etc under the right to be forgotten rulings, lets play havoc with your databases.

You can never have too many tools, or at least that's what I keep telling SWMBO :rolleyes:
A few years ago I saw a listing on eBay for "a load of spanners". It went on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and ... you get the idea ... with photos. Drawer after draw full of nice looking snap-on spanners and the tool chests they were in. Some of the spanner styles I'd never heard of before !
Seller's story was that he'd been an F1 mechanic but now had no need for them and needed to clear out the garage as part of a downsize. The lot went for £30k+ which was a real bargain as I'd done a very quick count and guestimated that there was heading on for £100k (or more) worth of spanners there if you went to buy them new from Snap-on :eek:

Why was my post deleted, I am the thread starter so I own it, censorship over zealousness WTF is going on, its bad enough having to put up with all the targeted adds FFS as that is why I post up on here less and less, if it isn't reinstated then please delete my account and all my data photos posts etc etc under the right to be forgotten rulings, lets play havoc with your databases.

Don't forget to shut the door.

Reply to Do you really really need more in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock