Discuss Do you think they are listening? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

As the title says, do you think Elecsa, Napit or NICEIC read this forum and take ANY notice of the postings are the "sparkies" perception of what they are doing or not doing for the industry!

Please keep any comments clean, relevent and on topic, else the mods may not like it!

NOTE: The 4th line should read Napit and the 6th line should read NICEIC. I did edit them before saving but its like it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so. They need to stop muddying the waters with their own interpretations of the Regs. The domestic gas industry doesn't have this problem. It's one body overseeing it all and although it feels like a monopoly it does pretty much keep the regs black and white.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

There needs to be a selection of, none of them are listening.
Am I right that gas safe costs only £190? As per here https://engineers.---------------.co.uk/Registration.aspx
£450 is far too much to pay, I am glad I am in the industrial sector, and have maintenance contracts with a few places.

There is as above says, 2 options, either they do come on here and other forums to find out what is said about them or they don't as they dont want to know what is said about them.
The more I think about it, I think they do look at forums but don't care what is said about them, they know that memberships will continue to come in and nothing will be done by us electricians as we have no way to make them stop and take note, its not as if everyone could hold back on renewing their membership at the same time to have an impact.
So, I stick with that none of them are listening or care, if they did the would surely be on here to defend what people say about them.

There needs to be a selection of, none of them are listening.
Am I right that gas safe costs only £190? As per here https://engineers.---------------.co.uk/Registration.aspx
£450 is far too much to pay, I am glad I am in the industrial sector, and have maintenance contracts with a few places.
I'll think you'll find that there are separate fees for each type of appliance Mark, ie boilers, gas fires, hobs etc. A couple of the plumbers I know from the local have stopped their gas safe and now subby any gas work. The reason being "it's not worth keeping it".

Organisations are notoriously vain so I would imagine they would all keep an eye on what's being posted about them. I think the problem is that these organisations are all businesses and as such their priorities may not always be as their members might expect.

As with any business their primary motivation will be financial and self centered. They will be image conscious and this means they'll get involved in things that make them money or make them look good and avoid involvement in things that are not financially viable or might tarnish their image.

There is as above says, 2 options, either they do come on here and other forums to find out what is said about them or they don't as they dont want to know what is said about them.
The more I think about it, I think they do look at forums but don't care what is said about them, they know that memberships will continue to come in and nothing will be done by us electricians as we have no way to make them stop and take note, its not as if everyone could hold back on renewing their membership at the same time to have an impact.
So, I stick with that none of them are listening or care, if they did the would surely be on here to defend what people say about them.

A little while back there was a member who introduced himself as working for the Niceic
He got bombarded with questions and challenges,one off myself by the way
He was polite but unresponsive. as far as I know he never appeared on here again

I will give them an open offer now
If any of you scheme employees or spokemen are tuning in
Have the courage to try and defend your organisations by debating with real world electricians on this forum, the most used sparks debating platform in the UK

Last edited:
Now you mention it Des, I vaguely remember that guy popping on.
If we were to mention the words Niceic, Elecsa, Napit during this thread, would it bring it further up the google list so in effect get noticed by them should they do a search? (I have no idea but hope so!)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll think you'll find that there are separate fees for each type of appliance Mark, ie boilers, gas fires, hobs etc. A couple of the plumbers I know from the local have stopped their gas safe and now subby any gas work. The reason being "it's not worth keeping it".

Thats not too bad then, I thought they were getting a great deal compared to us!

Lets open the debate wider ... are there any MPs reading the forum who are prepared to come out of the shadows and debate Part P and the role of the registration schemes?

Why would any one of the schemes representatives put themselves up to be ridiculed by not just scheme members but by the other schemes themselves. As gas safe are a single entity they can gladly sponsor the plumbers forum. For the electrical forum/trades we have many schemes. As stated image is vitally important.

Reply to Do you think they are listening? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock