Discuss Dry Lining Boxes in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Eh up lads, does anyone know where i can get some of the old style dry lining boxes that used to have the spring behind the tab? I've got one with a broken tab that's been tiled into a wall and all i want to do is replace the tab with a new one rather than smash the tiles off to replace the whole box. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!! Cheers.

Eh up lads, does anyone know where i can get some of the old style dry lining boxes that used to have the spring behind the tab? I've got one with a broken tab that's been tiled into a wall and all i want to do is replace the tab with a new one rather than smash the tiles off to replace the whole box. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!! Cheers.
No,but i've had a similar problem before,and I ended up cutting down,(with a grinder)a 16mm single box,so that I was left with the threaded tab and some of the back.I then glued(gripfill)the metal back to the plastic back.
Or you could try with a 3.5 rethreader to make a new thread in the back of box and use a long screw,but the plastic is usually too thin to get a decent thread.You could also try fixing a "mk" 3.5 extention stud(male&female)the same way,with a squirt of gripfill for back up,& come back a few days later when it has gone solid.

Reply to Dry Lining Boxes in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
A first today. While sober and of sound mind I deliberately purchased some Axiom 45mm dry line boxes. I've found something they will do that...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
I recently fitted a Heatmiser Neostat for a customer in their hall- to control their radiators throughout the house (70’s 4 bed medium sized...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock