Discuss Easy Cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello All

quick question, on easy cert there’s a deviation drop down box and it come up with a whole load of clauses etc.

has anyone ever used it and is there an easy list to find the deviations.

Do you mean the Observations and Recommendations list on an EICR? Or the Agreed limitations?

All the drop down lists can be edited in the settings (Tools | Settings | Drop Down Lists) which can be a bit fiddly, but I have the most common options set up for Agreed Limitations, and rely on it picking up previously used ones for observations and recommendations.

The observation and recommendations section is auto filled out when you complete with the inspection schedule with C1/C2/C3 etc - but the descriptions are pretty poor, so I always change them to something a bit more readable for non experts looking at the form.

My current Agreed Limitations has the choice of the following:

• Characteristics of Primary Supply Overcurrent device not verified.
  • No disturbance to building structure or decor.
  • Cables visually inspected only where accessible with no verification of cabling run within zones or distance below surfaces.
  • Limited IR testing of circuits where installed loads cannot be isolated from the circuit (Testing to isolation switch where appropriate).
  • Zs figures calculated on circuits with no suitable locations to safely carry out live testing

Sorry the below is what I was meaning.

Attachments

• Easy Cert 81C5D9F9-F64A-4357-8146-E093212FE3B5 - EletriciansForums.net
    81C5D9F9-F64A-4357-8146-E093212FE3B5.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 7
  • Easy Cert C04C554F-E4F3-4C67-B34E-38BED57E8B31 - EletriciansForums.net
    C04C554F-E4F3-4C67-B34E-38BED57E8B31.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Easy Cert 8033F327-D2E1-4550-B143-7768BA89BC48 - EletriciansForums.net
    8033F327-D2E1-4550-B143-7768BA89BC48.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 6
  • Easy Cert 8606695F-8AF8-4D43-8556-B3EC68212249 - EletriciansForums.net
    8606695F-8AF8-4D43-8556-B3EC68212249.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 8
Sorry the below is what I was meaning.
I've never needed to use the continuation pages thankfully.

The Continuation for Deviations appears to apply only to BS5266 certificates, which are for emergency lighting, so I guess the clauses match up with the full document, which I don't have much experience with so can't help I'm afraid.

I did pick this up a while back but yet to fully digest it since I rarely have to do emergency lighting in domestic.

Reply to Easy Cert in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock