Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss education advice. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hey guys im out of seattle, i have no electrical experience but, have recently aplied to the puget sound electric, which is a trade school that funnels into IBEW 46 out of kent.
im going to have to take a couple tests and a interview with a pannel of electricians. i was wondering if you guys have any advice on how much i should know about electrical theory and how much practical knowledge i should have before i go in for tests. i was also wondering if there was any educational resources that have helped you, that might help me.

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed
This mainly a uk forum, but there are a couple of members from the States about here who may give advice you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
hey guys im out of seattle, i have no electrical experience but, have recently aplied to the puget sound electric, which is a trade school that funnels into IBEW 46 out of kent.
im going to have to take a couple tests and a interview with a pannel of electricians. i was wondering if you guys have any advice on how much i should know about electrical theory and how much practical knowledge i should have before i go in for tests. i was also wondering if there was any educational resources that have helped you, that might help me.
Kyle I guess that you have a lot to learn but as far as AC/DC theory which is not in the NEC and just starting to go to trade school, I wouldn’t worry much about the test your having. After school is over and you want to get your masters license the one thing I tell everyone to KNOW your calculations single and 3 phase that way you will breeze through those and not taking a lot of time and basically the rest of the questions are look ups. Having said that get you the 2017 NEC code book. From my experience the part of the code book article 100 through article 315 65% of all electrical installations are in those articles, one more thing you need to study article 250 which is bonding and grounding and don’t get discouraged because that can be quite confusing. Good luck and keep in touch so we will see how you’ve moved up

Also you could goggle JCProductions he has seminars all over the Since you are just getting in to electrical do not get discouraged because this is a very complicated trade. Nobody knows it all because electrical changes every day and that’s what I tell my people

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
Kyle I left one thing out when you get in school see if you can reach out to someone to give you a job, reason being is to get your master license you have to have a minimum of 14,800 primary hours which basically means being the supervisor of jobs. Don’t get frustrated you’ll get there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Megawatt for your advice, much appreciated to have experience electrician to ask a couple questions to. Ill be looking up what you said and share my progress.

Reply to education advice. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom