Discuss Electrifix in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest123

Hey all.

Has anyone else had the new catalogue from Screwfix called Electrifix. Got mine in't post this mornin.

It's supposedly aimed at just sparkies but I bet they send it to everyone.

I gots to say though the prices on all things electrical including tools and testers, fire alarm kit, cable, lighting, sockets, switches etc etc are lower than the main catalogue and dont seem to bad at all really.

E.g a Wylex 17th board with M/S + 2 x RCD's + 10 MCB's for £76.58. Pretty good I think.

Well worth a look.:)

Apparently they will only supply to registered electricians which they check via the competent persons website.

Got mine yesterday ........... prices ARE lower than main catalogue BUT that is because the vat is not added. Add the vat and the prices are the same.

Mark

There is a bit of difference.

A Wylex high integrity board in the main catalogue P244, is £117.38 without the vat, the same board in the Electricfix catalogue P13, is £105.64 without the vat.

Lenny, in addition to that, we have noticed in most of our wholesalers that they are selling materials to joe bloggs virtually at the same price we buy, i think thats wrong, but when we pull em about it every bodies blamin the recession, and "we have to survive " as well attitude.

My local 'one man band' wholesaler is very good on prices generally, and they have a retail and trade price and stick to those.

They all fall in line eventually, as whilst one is cheaper and more expensive on some items, another will be the other way round. When pricing between the two, the total nearly always comes out the same.

Hi all - Ive just rang screwfix and they gave me this number for electrifix 08081727000 - they not onine at moment but they sending me a catalogue in the post - no mention of being part P registered!!

Theres a dewalt 3.6v driver in the main cat thats about £68 i got this the other day from costco for under £35.

So it's pushing people towards NICEIC i ordered mine today and they asked who im registered with and as yet im not registered with anyone and im still making my mind up but im leaning towards napit but there is no mention of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do say "such as the NICEIC......."

So they would accept any of the governing bodies.

I noticed in my screwfix in Welwyn Garden City last week that they were advertising a 17 edition Wylex consumer unit and the picture on the large advert was what we used to install in the 16th, main switch and 1 no RCD protecting half of it i,e, split load board. am I missing something here

Any consumer unit can be used for a 17th edition install.

With the one you saw, it would be a case of using RCBO's to the circuits on the unprotected side, where required.

Got mine through this morning ! cant stand catalogue's that you have to add VAT grrrrrr plus most cables POA double grrrrrrrrrrrr
all things are cheaper at my local supplier anyway.

hi sparks1234. i notcied that in my local screwfix aswell. but they had the boards out in the shop front and they do come with 2 rcds, i think the big picture of it is just an old 1 i guess.

I received the Electrifix catalogue, no good as I do my ordering online. my father in law also received one he's a retired b&b owner can't change a plug.

They have sent 3 catalogues to my mum after she bought some sockets last year lol! I dont think she's Part P, unless she's leading a double life!

Just went to Screwfix and they had a separate Electrifix counter out the way from the normal screwfix. I asked how I could buy and he said I had to prove I was an Electrician. He gave me a list of requirements and NVQ 2 was on the sheet!!!!!!!
I showed him my JIB Approved Electrician, They took a photocopy of it sent it up to the head office and hey presto could order from the catalogue. I think it’s a good idea the only problem is just googled it and anyone could read this website and see this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrifix in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock