Discuss Electrifix in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest123

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey all.

Has anyone else had the new catalogue from Screwfix called Electrifix. Got mine in't post this mornin.

It's supposedly aimed at just sparkies but I bet they send it to everyone.

I gots to say though the prices on all things electrical including tools and testers, fire alarm kit, cable, lighting, sockets, switches etc etc are lower than the main catalogue and dont seem to bad at all really.

E.g a Wylex 17th board with M/S + 2 x RCD's + 10 MCB's for £76.58. Pretty good I think.

Well worth a look.:)

K

kung

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Havent seen this one mate will keep an eye out for it !
Regards
Kung.

S

Spudnik

Apparently they will only supply to registered electricians which they check via the competent persons website.

Got mine yesterday ........... prices ARE lower than main catalogue BUT that is because the vat is not added. Add the vat and the prices are the same.

Mark

G

Guest123

There is a bit of difference.

A Wylex high integrity board in the main catalogue P244, is £117.38 without the vat, the same board in the Electricfix catalogue P13, is £105.64 without the vat.

J

johnnyb

Lenny, in addition to that, we have noticed in most of our wholesalers that they are selling materials to joe bloggs virtually at the same price we buy, i think thats wrong, but when we pull em about it every bodies blamin the recession, and "we have to survive " as well attitude.

S

Spudnik

My local 'one man band' wholesaler is very good on prices generally, and they have a retail and trade price and stick to those.

They all fall in line eventually, as whilst one is cheaper and more expensive on some items, another will be the other way round. When pricing between the two, the total nearly always comes out the same.

T

tpotsparky

Hi all - Ive just rang screwfix and they gave me this number for electrifix 08081727000 - they not onine at moment but they sending me a catalogue in the post - no mention of being part P registered!!

K

kung

Theres a dewalt 3.6v driver in the main cat thats about £68 i got this the other day from costco for under £35.

J

jimcallear

So it's pushing people towards NICEIC i ordered mine today and they asked who im registered with and as yet im not registered with anyone and im still making my mind up but im leaning towards napit but there is no mention of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spudnik

They do say "such as the NICEIC......."

So they would accept any of the governing bodies.

sparks1234

-
Arms
I noticed in my screwfix in Welwyn Garden City last week that they were advertising a 17 edition Wylex consumer unit and the picture on the large advert was what we used to install in the 16th, main switch and 1 no RCD protecting half of it i,e, split load board. am I missing something here

S

Spudnik

Any consumer unit can be used for a 17th edition install.

With the one you saw, it would be a case of using RCBO's to the circuits on the unprotected side, where required.

K

kung

Got mine through this morning ! cant stand catalogue's that you have to add VAT grrrrrr plus most cables POA double grrrrrrrrrrrr
all things are cheaper at my local supplier anyway.

S

sparkyz21

hi sparks1234. i notcied that in my local screwfix aswell. but they had the boards out in the shop front and they do come with 2 rcds, i think the big picture of it is just an old 1 i guess.

J

JPS

I received the Electrifix catalogue, no good as I do my ordering online. my father in law also received one he's a retired b&b owner can't change a plug.

B

Benn Asger

They have sent 3 catalogues to my mum after she bought some sockets last year lol! I dont think she's Part P, unless she's leading a double life!

J

johnah5

Just went to Screwfix and they had a separate Electrifix counter out the way from the normal screwfix. I asked how I could buy and he said I had to prove I was an Electrician. He gave me a list of requirements and NVQ 2 was on the sheet!!!!!!!
I showed him my JIB Approved Electrician, They took a photocopy of it sent it up to the head office and hey presto could order from the catalogue. I think it’s a good idea the only problem is just googled it and anyone could read this website and see this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
normally you can go in with a list of gear you want and they will give you a bit more discount.
at the moment you can get cash back also

electrifix are on line i have had a account with them for 2 years you ring them and they set it up for you i go via screwfix web page and then i change the site so its still screwfix but the prices shown are electrifix prices allso once you have registerd with them take the card with you and when you buy from screwfix shops you pay the cheaper electrifix prices have done this for ages so who ever you spoke to do,nt know what there talking about

S

sparkydude

Where do you get the card from tucker ? registered with them the other day and got my catalogue . a card would be handy to identify me as a member

Nick

Hi sparkydude

don,t need the card just your member number as i said you can go to any screwfix shop does not have to have a trade counter tell them when ordering you are electrifix member and you will get trade price

M

mackers

Got mine yesterday ........... prices ARE lower than main catalogue BUT that is because the vat is not added. Add the vat and the prices are the same.

Mark
maybe so but you wear ye mums old clothes and ye spy on men int bath!!!!!!!GAYLORD !!!!!LOL

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Electrifix in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rmaynard Electrical Forum 42
S Electrical Tools and Products 12
S Electrical Tools and Products 10
flukey Electrical Tools and Products 13

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom