Discuss Electrim MCB's recall in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

trypod

-
Reaction score
Product: Electrium Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCBs)

Brand: Electrium

Type/number of model:
The only MCBs affected by this recall are those listed in the table below; specifically only those which were supplied between April 2009 and February 2010. Other brands, ratings and devices manufactured outside this time period are not subject to this recall.
MCB Rating Wylex Crabtree
(Loadstar only) Volex
6 Amp NSB06 6M1B06 VB06
10 Amp NSB10 6M1B10 VB10
16 Amp NSB16 6M1B10 VB16

MCB Rating Newlec Sector Steeple Alto
6 amp NLMB106 SVMCB6/B D2SB06B AL2751
10 amp NLMB110 SVMCB10/B D2SB10B AL2752
16 amp NLMB116 SVMCB16B D2SB16B AL2753

Item Description:
MCBs are usually located within a consumer unit/fuse box and the relevant information is visible on the front of the MCB when the consumer unit visor is open. Safety is of paramount importance to Electrium. As a responsible manufacturer the company is asking anyone who believes they may have installed (either themselves or through an electrical contractor) any of the above devices within the defined recall period to call the registration helpline

Risk Type: Electric Shock

Risk Description:
As part of an ongoing product recall programme, Electrium is highlighting a quality issue with miniature circuit breakers (MCBs) supplied between April 2009 and February 2010. In a small proportion of cases this may lead to overheating and in rare cases cause a fire.

What to do:
Before you call the registration helpline please check if you have an electrical installation certificate or speak with your electrician / contractor to confirm your property is affected.

You should then call the registration helpline on 0844 556 4725
The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This will enable Electrium to take appropriate action including, where necessary, a free replacement and fitting service.

Was way before that, must be close to 2 years ago as I was still in London at the time and remember it there (been home since start of July 2010)

Oops! This recall notice was issued by Electrium on the 8th April 2010. I think most of us are well aware of the recall and have probably each surrendered hundreds of affected devices.

Just got the electrium letter re recall notice ! even screwfix had all the info a year ago ! bit late now ! even then check out how many are on ebay !

I spoke to Electrium last week re this and they are still very active re the recall.

If anyone has any concerns they have a team still working on this.

Electrium Recall Team. 01543 455000

I've been informed the payments to check boards for faulty mcb's is now finished.... You will now only receive reimbursement for the cost of mcb's replaced.

Reply to Electrim MCB's recall in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net