Discuss Feeling Fed up with the trade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was bored with IT and took a year out to just chill out and thought about going back in to the trade but all the miserables gits on here moaning have made me rethink my options, I think I'd rather work in an office 9 to 5 eyeing up the hot totty in heels, stockings and short skirts at £250 per day.
:):p:):p:D:D

What sort of office job do you have the skills for that'll pay 250 a day?!

What sort of office job do you have the skills for that'll pay 250 a day?!
25 years of experience, self taught, I was working on moves, migrations and rollouts so working on and office moves and setting up and rolling out new equipment to the users.

Worked on the JP Morgan move as well as the Seadrill move from Stavanger to Chiswick as well as Close Brothers move.

If you want the real money then be a Project Manager in the City as they are on starting day rate of about £650 or go into database management.

This is all Limited Co so you get to keep hold of your money and not like PAYE, why do you think I have been resting since July 2016?

Developer roles up to £850 per day so thats about £18k per month.

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 19.27.43.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was working on moves, migrations and rollouts so working on and office moves and setting up and rolling out new equipment to the users.

Worked on the JP Morgan move as well as the Seadrill move from Stavanger to Chiswick as well as Close Brothers move.

If you want the real money then be a Project Manager in the City as they are on starting day rate of about £650 or go into database management.

This is all Limited Co so you get to keep hold of your money and not like PAYE, why do you think I have been resting since July 2016?

Developer roles up to £850 per day so thats about £18k per month.

View attachment 38189
Lots of pressure and stress then Mate

Where do I apply for this fictitious office job that pays £250 per day?
Lots of pressure and stress then Mate
Funnily enough no, I did the work someone else planned it, the guy on £650 per day took the stress (he was ex Rolls Royce), I came in at 09:00 took my one hour lunch break and went home at 17:00 best one was Chiswick as it took me 12 minutes to cycle home but I took a short lunch break left at 16:30 and as at home before 17:00 in the summer so cranked up the BBQ and had a few beers whilst everyone was still at work. :D:D:D:D

Trouble is sparking is like IT its a continuous learning curve and a money earner for the companies that push out certifications that you need to pass to keep on being relevant.

I got sick and tired of IT and the knob heads and ----ers in higher management and seeing as I had too much time off I may find it awkward to get back in.

In the time off I did work as a sort of PM a job to turn a property around.

From this,

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.39.44.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.40.03.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.40.32.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.40.53.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.41.04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily enough no, I did the work someone else planned it, the guy on £650 per day took the stress (he was ex Rolls Royce), I came in at 09:00 took my one hour lunch break and went home at 17:00 best one was Chiswick as it took me 12 minutes to cycle home but I took a short lunch break left at 16:30 and as at home before 17:00 in the summer so cranked up the BBQ and had a few beers whilst everyone was still at work. :D:D:D:D

And they gave me two top of the range laptops just a year old with 3 year cover from Dell did a deal with Dell as I had bought in a lot of stuff and changed the Norwegian keyboards over to UK for free the other half is still using hers, mine is in the wardrobe and only used when I need to log in to a network switch or use W10.

Reply to Feeling Fed up with the trade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net