Discuss Flags should start being shown in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
As the forum gets used and more ip based posts get made the forum will show which country the IP reads from.

Handy now, essential soon!

1000021303.jpg

I’ve got mixed opinions in this.

Someone asks a question, and I want to help, but don’t understand the terminology. I go into the OP profile and see where they are from so I can research a little before answering. I could see quicker if there was a flag.

Is ok, but there was a post recently with yellow and purple cables… where the profile said Italy… so I started looking for “Italy cable colours in old houses”…. But it turned out the job was in Switzerland.

Would the flag be set by the user or is it IP based and will change either from moving around, or through a VPN?

Can users turn it on and off?

So, I think it would be handy, and interesting to see at a glance where users are from…. But there are some people who might refuse to use it for whatever reason.

They can be hidden in profile. But I'm hoping it gets so many different types that we all just be human and help. :)

I'm trying not create gangs lol them guys have guns.

Oh wait Ive got my RAIL gun pmsl

In one of the CODs it is a special weapon and is a lazer gun. Evaporates people. Was my fave weapon. I saw nail gun and read rail gun lol

Mines been there since yesterday and yours is showing to me too mate. Clear your browser cache and they should appear. It'll take about 3 weeks before they're showing for most threads and users but still then it might not show on posts made by somebody who never logs in again.

1000021318.jpg

1000021319.jpg

If you don't want a union flag, best you can do is hide it mate. Id want st George's if I could. Actually I'd like my own flag that's orange and blue. :)

If Moley’s getting wales, I want Scottish saltire….

You’ll be posting our pronouns next! 😁

Which reminds me, several years now after his death, the official Michael Jackson website has just included his pronouns….

It now reads “Michael Jackson, (he/he)”

😆

It’s a joke…. Hee hee?….. No? Oh nevermind.

Nooo no no just the country lol

It'll help in a few years when it's booming with your fellow colleagues and guess what, out of UK America Australia and New Zealand I'm afraid we were born in the wrong one. All of the other options are much better.

So I'm just trying to find somebody who will take me in lol need know who I'm working on and all the union flags ewwwww ha

So what do I get?

English, but living in Scotland.

I identify as English (🤪)

But I would be referencing Scottish regulations rather than English ones.

Since the regulations are actually different between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - the Union flag doesn't really narrow it down fully.

I did a dna test to find out how exotic I am and I'm 33% Irish 33% Welsh and "other" got 20% English just 8!!!! And 1% Iranian peninsula (as it was called when my genes were around there).

So be careful thinking you're only Scottish but identify as a sausage I mean English.

Last edited:
I think it's only Scotland that has different laws around tradespeople. But the electrics (as in laws of physics) and British standards means the devices are all the same.

Is what I would say lol

But the flags are just a talking point. I've been wrestling with it for so long I forget the original point.

Think I wanted megawatt find an American as nice as him.

I think it's only Scotland that has different laws around tradespeople. But the electrics (as in laws of physics) and British standards means the devices are all the same.

Is what I would say lol

But the flags are just a talking point. I've been wrestling with it for so long I forget the original point.

Think I wanted megawatt find an American as nice as him.

The biggest difference is actually around building regs, or additional legislation (such as smoke/heat/CO2) and so on.

I did a dna test to find out how exotic I am and I'm 33% Irish 33% Welsh and "other" got 20% English just 8!!!! And 1% Iranian peninsula (as it was called when my genes were around there).

So be careful thinking you're only Scottish but identify as a sausage I mean English.
So your flag should be split up to a third Irish, third Welsh and very little English??

I don’t think I could ever do a dna test…. I’m Scottish through and through.

Although, being fair haired and blue eyed points to Viking roots… Scandinavian.
That might explain my fondness of a good ABBA tune or two….

Reply to Flags should start being shown in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net