Discuss Flags should start being shown in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Union Flag is the flag of the United Kingdom, not the flag of Great Britain. The flag of Great Britain is the King's Colours and doesn't include St Patrick's saltire.

At the time of the Union Flag's design Wales was part of the Kingdom of England, hence not being seperately represented on it.

We welcome you all to Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Wear the flag with pride.
But the reason for the flags against people's avatars is to identify where they are from for the purpose of providing the most appropriate responses.

For example if someone is from the US then the responses ought to be made in line with US regs rather than Irish, or Scottish...... English etc.

The union flag fails in this regard as it covers a number of countries having different laws/regulations etc.

I have seen many responses in the past which are wholly incorrect for instance around part P for people in NI, or Scotland.

Using the correct countries such as England, Scotland etc could reduce this.

You are quite right @Julie. I was mildly trolling. I personally don't like the flags it all looks too busy looking through the threads. It can be helpful however on the threads from countries we wouldn't normally expect.

Don't worry about that, we aren't going to start showing countries that aren't recognised as one internationally. In the grand scheme of things eventually we should have quite a mix of members and they'll want to know who's replying to their question about an american product. They don't want UK at all, let alone any part of it.

And visa versa probably.

But if you post a thread specifically about WELSH thing, say it in the title and thread post. Is my thinking.

Also - It's IP-based tech we're using, so they could be using a VPN to say they're from a country etc. So it's quite basic from that point of view.

If I go on holiday in greece though, be sure to see some posts from me bragging about where I am without even mentioning it.

Ohhhh I'm hot - Would be my thread title. lol

Well, I'm fighting for home rule for the vallies. I'm proposing the flag should be a sheep being chased by men in wellies. Somehow I don't think it'll happen 🤔

Well, I'm fighting for home rule for the vallies. I'm proposing the flag should be a sheep being chased by men in wellies. Somehow I don't think it'll happen 🤔
I find it difficult to run wearing my shortened downpipes that are strapped to my shins.

Ewwww that's a horrible sight haha what on earth were you thinking that deep about it for? Hehe

Can I fly mine at half mast?

The UK in general matey

I reckon the place is doing surprisingly well considering half the country doesn't want to do a day's work and a good percentage of the rest think turning up is enough to warrant a hefty salary.

Granted our public services are a shambles, but it's difficult to know why when the the number public employees continues to soar. What can those people be doing all day? We continually hear about an underfunded NHS, yet health service funding is higher at an eye-watering level, with year on year increases which have now become staggering. The number of doctors is 3.5 times higher than in 1995, having seen steady year on year increases. The number of nurses has risen dramatically, despite a slight drop between 05-13, and is almost double what it was in 1995. Huge number of extra employees and incomprehensible amounts of money, yet no one can get a hospital bed or an appointment with their GP.

It's very easy to see why people might think the country is on its knees, but few manage to point their finger in the right direction.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1

Reply to Flags should start being shown in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net