Discuss ! * Fluke Product Recall * ! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I found this thread...

• Informative

• Helpful

• Useful

• Useless

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thanks for that Andy, very useful. I have submitted the form to send mine back for a replacement. Not used it a huge amount, but still...you would think they would have worked out that flexes get flexed, and made them robust enough for daily wear and tear...not exactly a cheap product to buy, of its type.
Also, in this era of the internet, and given I registered it with Fluke for the extra warranty, why did I not get an email from them about the recall. Surely it can't be difficult to interrogate their database and send an email to anyone affected?
On that point, I had a fault with a relatively new tumble drier, under warranty, and on contacting them was told that quite apart from the fault I had, that model had been on a recall for a more serious fire-
safety issue for over a year!
I watched the engineer doing the 2 repairs...having seen how apalling the build-quality is I would never leave the house while it is on...it's absolutely the cheapest build you could get, the heater is a bit of board with some wire wound round it, screwed to a bracket beside the drum...
However, it does work very well!

Thanks for that Andy, very useful. I have submitted the form to send mine back for a replacement. Not used it a huge amount, but still...you would think they would have worked out that flexes get flexed, and made them robust enough for daily wear and tear...not exactly a cheap product to buy, of its type.
Also, in this era of the internet, and given I registered it with Fluke for the extra warranty, why did I not get an email from them about the recall. Surely it can't be difficult to interrogate their database and send an email to anyone affected?
On that point, I had a fault with a relatively new tumble drier, under warranty, and on contacting them was told that quite apart from the fault I had, that model had been on a recall for a more serious fire-
safety issue for over a year!
I watched the engineer doing the 2 repairs...having seen how apalling the build-quality is I would never leave the house while it is on...it's absolutely the cheapest build you could get, the heater is a bit of board with some wire wound round it, screwed to a bracket beside the drum...
However, it does work very well!
Which brand was it?

Well, I've finally received my label email (10 days after I registered for the recall).

My replacement will apparently be arriving 1 to 2 weeks from the date when UPS pick up the package.

Got mine too...10 days or more after I registered.
MInd you, I've been 3 days without electricity here, so only just got online again...

What a very good point! My voltage indicator is in UK awaiting a Fluke returns label.
I can be sure my power was off here in Spain because all the lights went off, the heating went off, the pump for the water went off. there were no streetlights in the town, none of my neighbours had any electricity, my WiFi was down, the local restaurants and shops were closed...and when I stuck my tongue in the socket I didn't get even a tiny tickle...
However, when the supply was restored. I had lights and heat and water...but I decided not to stick my tongue in the sockets, just in case
!

You might also be glad to know that once the power was restored I was able to send a considerable amount of "waste" to the sewer!

2 typhoons knocked down pylons, the shops were cleared of torches, batteries and candles...fortunately, there was plenty of gin left!

LOL! Very funny!
TBH, I have a job on which means I will need my Fluke for the next 2 weeks, and as it is hardly used, I will finish the job before sending it back...albeit, using extra means to prove dead as I go along. I know...don't write in! I am an amateur, my flex leads have hardly been flexed yet, it'll be fine!
Or will it?
HA! Still have my mains testing neon screwdriver!

HA! Still have my mains testing neon screwdriver![/QUOTE]

I would rather carry rat poison in my lunchbox than a neon screwdriver in my toolkit!

because he could not recharge his bionic peg leg.

I have just returned 2 x T110 dated 2012 and 2014 as the way I read the recall info is that any of the testers listed dated up to July 2018 should be returned I filled in the appropriate info on the website and they sent me a returns label.
Hopefully they will return 2 new testers!

I should buy another make of tester as my other one is a T600!

Has anyone received new testers yet?

Reply to ! * Fluke Product Recall * ! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock