Discuss Forum subscription in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to subscribe to the forum. Could someone explain the 'public tag' option please?

You can subscribe with or without a public tag. What is a public tag and why would you not want it?

I see that Dan mentions about exclusion from something or other because of the public tag, why would that happen? It won't affect me as I don't do facebook, twitter etc but it would be good to understand it before I sign up.

Cheers :)

I'm going to subscribe to the forum. Could someone explain the 'public tag' option please?

You can subscribe with or without a public tag. What is a public tag and why would you not want it?

I see that Dan mentions about exclusion from something or other because of the public tag, why would that happen? It won't affect me as I don't do facebook, twitter etc but it would be good to understand it before I sign up.

Cheers :)
Why don't you PM Dan.

Why don't you PM Dan.
I almost added with my original post "and thanks to Westward for responding", as I knew you would IF you were in the mood. 90% chance of you giving a very helpful response and 10% of a perhaps sarky comment:D
[automerge]1567799715[/automerge]
I just tried to subscribe but when I clicked the final thingy it came up with..

"You might already have an account with this email address. Please try logging in. "

I'm at a loss now!

But not for long.... all sorted!

Last edited:
Okay. So we started out by giving out tags to those who subscribed. But on Tilersforums somebody got booted out of a social media group where they used to get a bit of business from, and cheap tools from China (they'd all chip in or something).

So somebody said they wanted to give something back to the forum but they don't want anybody knowing.

So I made an option to not have a tag too. Several people subscribed the next week.

It's a real shame that it's the way it is.

So you can have a nice yellow (gold?) Tag saying subscribed. Or just do it under the radar.

Your choice.

Note that nobody gets special treatment by way of bending rules. Not by any means suggesting that's what people may try to do when subscribing.

I just wanted to be clear. ❤️?????

Oooo it's orange on this one for some reason.

I'll go make it gold for you now lol
[automerge]1567800528[/automerge]
There we go. :)

Kinda gold. ISH.

P.s. it's your forum in some way, I just keep the traffic coming in. You guys make newbies feel warm and fuzzy inside. ♨️???️?

Reply to Forum subscription in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net