Discuss Garge supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scrimbotoo

Guys, could you please advise me , if i wanted to get a supply to my garage for both lighting and power and there are no spare ways in cu , what would the best cost affective course of action be . Garage is approx 20m from house so run of SWA would used. Calcs / volt drop o.k .

How old is the existing board, if its old with no RCD protection may be worth looking into upgrading this to give you your spare way. Bear in mind the work you want to carry out is notifiable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The board is o.k , its a 8w split load Wylex , on the RCD side there are 3 rings up/ down and kitchen ,then cooker and shower circuits all type B MCB's on the other side there is lights up and down and freezer . Would be pleased with any ideals .

put tails in a henley block and feed a mini garage CU aswell as your existin CU.

What are you going to be running in your garage? Can't go wrong with a bit of 4mm, even 2.5 would do (depending on what you want to run)

if the load in the garage is small you can even get away with a fcu off one of the socket rings, assuming the ring is not already fully loaded.

Split the tails into a Henley Block and install a small CU in the garage!:D

Out of curiosity, what fuse or breaker would be protecting the length of cable from the henley block to the garage CU? Would you intend fitting an MCB + RCD or RCBO in a separate enclosure fed by cables suitably rated for the main fuse of 60/80/100A?

Reply to Garge supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock