Discuss Governing Bodies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DuaneMHunt1976

Been trying to build a site to show im not a Cowboy, by pointing out what to look for in a Electricians (more Qualifications and with a Governing body)

Pointing out that the Governing Bodies check out your qualifications (but when i asked C&G do NICEIC/Napit ask about the Qualifications are real to them, i got a NO COMMENT)
So I am giving a link to NICEIC to show that i am on their site and that they check my insurance, qualifications, and see me on a job (sounds like im sat on a toilet but hay ho)

So I'm looking at STROMA and cant find how to check up if someone says they are with them.
(Might be me not being able to find my way around the site, as they seem more keen on SELLING you things than checking up if someone is real)

https://www.stroma.com/

Ah, right-oh. I have so many ad-blockers and anti-trackers (all turned off for this forum, natch) running on Firefox, I'm surprised any website works!

I rang stroma today with a view to moving to them and they made the process sound straight forward. Was it?

Yes. I had a couple of months left on my existing registration, so transferred over directly and will be re-assessed when I would have been with ELECSA. Just need to send them scans of all your C&G certs, insurance, etc.

Been trying to build a site to show im not a Cowboy, by pointing out what to look for in a Electricians (more Qualifications and with a Governing body)

Pointing out that the Governing Bodies check out your qualifications (but when i asked C&G do NICEIC/Napit ask about the Qualifications are real to them, i got a NO COMMENT)
So I am giving a link to NICEIC to show that i am on their site and that they check my insurance, qualifications, and see me on a job (sounds like im sat on a toilet but hay ho)

So I'm looking at STROMA and cant find how to check up if someone says they are with them.
(Might be me not being able to find my way around the site, as they seem more keen on SELLING you things than checking up if someone is real)

https://www.stroma.com/

When I created my website I had a link to the NICEIC competent persons as well to prove I was registered etc. Before the website went on line I had a website marketing guy look at it and he told me to remove the link because it gave people clicking on the link the ability to see all the electricians in my local area who are also registered. Therefore it gave the customer a greater choice of who to choose to call to get a quote from, so it could prove to be counter productive in you actually losing out on work if they decide to ring around.

Reply to Governing Bodies in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net