• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss GPO's in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As regulations are different here to when I lived in UK, I was able to wire my own house, I then had a qualified electrician test and check, and wire to RCD's. I now want to wire my shed here in Australia, and then get the Electrical Contractor who wired my house to connect to the mains. In UK I used a ring main, 2.5 cable to first GPO, then second etc, when I get to sixth and last GPO, cable returns to RCD. Is this acceptable way to wire here in Australia

DPG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
As regulations are different here to when I lived in UK, I was able to wire my own house, I then had a qualified electrician test and check, and wire to RCD's. I now want to wire my shed here in Australia, and then get the Electrical Contractor who wired my house to connect to the mains. In UK I used a ring main, 2.5 cable to first GPO, then second etc, when I get to sixth and last GPO, cable returns to RCD. Is this acceptable way to wire here in Australia

No idea of Australian regs, but surely there must be an MCB involved?

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What is a GPO Mate?

Reply to GPO's in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net