Discuss GPO's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As regulations are different here to when I lived in UK, I was able to wire my own house, I then had a qualified electrician test and check, and wire to RCD's. I now want to wire my shed here in Australia, and then get the Electrical Contractor who wired my house to connect to the mains. In UK I used a ring main, 2.5 cable to first GPO, then second etc, when I get to sixth and last GPO, cable returns to RCD. Is this acceptable way to wire here in Australia

As regulations are different here to when I lived in UK, I was able to wire my own house, I then had a qualified electrician test and check, and wire to RCD's. I now want to wire my shed here in Australia, and then get the Electrical Contractor who wired my house to connect to the mains. In UK I used a ring main, 2.5 cable to first GPO, then second etc, when I get to sixth and last GPO, cable returns to RCD. Is this acceptable way to wire here in Australia

No idea of Australian regs, but surely there must be an MCB involved?

What is a GPO Mate?

Reply to GPO's in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've wired some cable to a small 3x3 shed with 2 gpos, a 15a GPO, and a light. The shed is about 2m away from the house on a concrete slab. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great to of found this forum. Much respect for keeping everyone safe! My background is in commercial data and Audio Visual. Been...
Replies
Views
So earlier this year I obtained a large machine with a couple of 3 phase motors in it, and the rest single phase. I bought a VFD, correctly wired...
Replies
Views
I've been a member for ages but received an email saying I needed to post on the Forum or my account would be terminated, so here we are. My main...
Replies
Views
Hi, Heavy industrial spark here, never do house bashing hence the question. I currently have a light switch at the front door not doing anything...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock