Discuss Had an interesting call last night in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

we found that the main L&N had fused together
The L&N where not directly connected - they where fused because the main switch was melted enough for the installation to melt exposing the 2 terminals - at a guess heat melted it and then fused

Is this not a contravention of some basic laws of our trade here for this fuse not to blow? I know you say you don't know why it didn'tblow but think about it for a wee while, How could it not?

Genuine question btw

Well my back and neck!

I carried a 18stone male down the stairs having a heart attack. I badly injured my back as a result!
Apart from the Doctors and Nurses, I was the highest qualified in Wales at the time and the only one with 100% of CPR recovery in the Millennium Stadium.

Yes I gather you where prob on about Metal Health or something stupid but dream on!

I take H&S very seriously!

respect for that

The scary thing is we also found out last night that he has also installed a few more CUs around the place for family members - GOOD LUCK[/QUOTE]

how did you get 2no this information

Last edited:

Reply to Had an interesting call last night in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Morning guys! Went to look at a consumer unit change today with a PME supply. Now, right next to this was an old BS3036 60A fused mem cutout...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock