Discuss Hairdressing Salon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adam W

If a hairdressing salon contians handheld electric showers for washing hair in a basin, does it constitute a 'location containing a bath or shower' meaning sockets must be at least 3m away, and if so where are the hairdryers supposed to be plugged in?

Common sense sometimes over rules BS7671, the reason section 701 is there is more for people being naked and completely wet rather than lying back and having their hair washed over a basin.

If a hairdressing salon contians handheld electric showers for washing hair in a basin, does it constitute a 'location containing a bath or shower' meaning sockets must be at least 3m away, and if so where are the hairdryers supposed to be plugged in?

As Dillb says, common sense prevails and this would not be normally classed as section 701. Some kitchens have a sink that has an extendible hose like a shower head for rinsing pots. This is more akin to that situation than a washroom for naked wetness and frolics.
Design the install to suit the situation in respect of safety, and the regs and EAWR should be covered.

As Dillb says, common sense prevails and this would not be normally classed as section 701. Some kitchens have a sink that has an extendible hose like a shower head for rinsing pots. This is more akin to that situation than a washroom for naked wetness and frolics.
Design the install to suit the situation in respect of safety, and the regs and EAWR should be covered.

With Dillb too, not total immersion and the person getting wet is not operating the shower.

Reply to Hairdressing Salon in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening I am wondering what people would code for a socket within a meter of a sink basin that has a salon style moveable hose attached...
Replies
Views
I'm about to do wiring for a small apartment in Azerbaijan. Mostly I will try to use UK standards - ring mains with ELCBs, everywhere earthed, T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of training to be an electrician and have a question. When filling out a EIC for a new circuit am I required to test...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife and I have decided to bite the bullet re the costs of an electric combi boiler in an off-gas grid one bedroom flat where space is so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock