Discuss Haler vs Enlite in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a job coming up and the customer wants to go for a sealed LED unit.

I notice alot of people like and use the Haler H2 pro lights and i was angling towards them due to the 60 degree beam angle but i also notice the Aurora Enlite sealed units have the same 60 degree beam and are a fair bit cheaper.

I've used aurora alot and not had any problems so i'm not worried about the reliability of the cheaper, so basically does anybody know a good reason to justify the extra for the H2's aside from the 7 year warranty?

Fitted plenty of halers in the past and they are a doddle to fit and look well. Downsides for me are the cost, 70mm cutout (can't get my hand in the hole) need to use either a small job or connector strip and connector box for the connection. Can't comment on the enlite as I have never fitted them. I fit ansell orbio 360 at the moment and I can't pick a fault with them at the moment.

I've just had a look at the ansell orbio and i like the look of them, you may have just convinced me to use them, the little dimmer module they make looks handy aswell as it fits most grids apparently. Used Ansell LED in the past in some commercial applications and i've been impressed, as were the customers.

Ive fitted the dimmer a few times. I tend to fit click mode accessories and it fits on to their dimmer plate fine. It does state a 25mm back box is sufficient but like with most dimmers it really needs a 35mm back box. They do recommend using their dimmer and I'm not sure if using another would void the warranty on the fittings.

Reply to Haler vs Enlite in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Getting the utility room redone at this project house and the misses is absolutely adamant she wants downlights. Couple of reasons for...
Replies
Views
We are having the kitchen refitted and I need new lighting in the kitchen. I intend to use LED lights and currently have GU10 fittings but there...
Replies
Views
Last week I did a job for forum member joramtor. Link to the original post here...
Replies
Views
hi all. Pricing question - looked at a pv job today for a last minute customer. House is a 4 storey georgian townhouse for a 4 kw installation...
Replies
Views
D
hello fellow sparks i was hoping there would be a fellow tradesman that could point me in the right direction. having been a self employed...
Replies
Views
tbs1983
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock